The Shadow's Captive

The Shadow's Captive

A Chapter by Kyari Hasutto

The cell was like all others: cold and dark. He wasn’t afraid, just tired. Captive here was more wearing than it had been anywhere else. With clacks echoing down the hall, he stood up, coming to attention at the front of his cell. The Shadow neared, his misleading pastel-colored clothes shining lightly in the flickers of a candle.

“Good day,” The Shadow said, stopping in front of his cell.

“Good day, sir.”

With a nod to the jailer, his door was opened. The Shadow motioned him forward to stand in the light of the candle. “Wonderful shadow today. It appears that time and the potion do improve the potency.”

“Sir?”

“Oh, don’t worry about the potion: I need you alive. I don’t know why, but your shadows are the best.” The Shadow leaned forward, grabbing a hold of his shadow.

The Shadow yanked on it, and a wave of pain washed over before he fell.



© 2010 Kyari Hasutto


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on June 13, 2010
Last Updated on June 13, 2010


Author

Kyari Hasutto
Kyari Hasutto

About
The most significant thing about me if that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also called Mormons). If you have a problem with that...well, you shouldn't. But it is a b.. more..

Writing