The Agony of Silence

The Agony of Silence

A Poem by Brenda Sue
"

A transatlantic collaboration by Phil Sanders and Brenda Sue. (Navy is Phil and Wine is Brenda)

"

She doesn't understand ...
My life has changed
My needs are varied like the winds of time ...
Taking my heart to new beginnings ...
Different desires ...
The past lies buried in the ground ...


He doesn't understand...
Life has changed me
Together, alone, in this prison we call home...
Fantasies have become my only escape...
Always exhausted...
My heart dreams of days gone by...


She doesn't understand...
Frustration abounds...
I am locked into suburban boredom
My mind is dulled and my passion doused
A sensual frozen waste...
My soul is frozen and bound...


He doesn't understand...
The magic is gone...
A special touch, a loving look, our favorite song...
Could make so much difference...
Passion renew...
The future looks dim unless I get through to him...

She doesn't understand...
Her kisses infrequent and cold
The touch like winter and snow
I need the fire igniting again ... my body aroused
Tired and lonely
My heart screams for love...


He doesn't understand....
Loneliness lurks...
I need him to hold me, not scold me
Imprisoned by duty's chains...
Vague memories of young love...
Vanished like a dream lost in the night...

We don't understand...
What happened to us
We're living the life of our parents...
Doing what we said we would never do
Him in one corner, her in another...
Where has the magic gone?


SILENCE..........................................

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Brenda Sue


Author's Note

Brenda Sue
Navy is Phil and Wine is Brenda, Gray is what both are thinking.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your individual passions burn so brightly in this work that melded thus the reader is mesmerized while identifying with the sentiments. You have defined the problem in so many relationships so well. The goals to acheive as well as the mountain which each needs to terain. Fabulous work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What wonderful write. A great collaboration between you's that really works and flows well together. A simple thing as talking can open up so much in a relationship, being honest and sharing how you think and feel with that person can change so much., great stuff!!!


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Lia
Beautiful piece. Really great. Thank you xx

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is simply a wonderful blending of inks Brenda and Phil
and the "silence"you both express captures the
prompt picture quite nicely~if this is for the contest~
Great Collaboration~you two~Fran Marie

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

funny how people always say someone doesn't understand them when they never gave the person the slightest hint of their feelings. lack of communication never solved anything in a relationship. though i love the collaboration...overall the passion for rekindling the fire of the couple's relationship flows wonderfully.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is a lovely collaboration. I'm so glad I stopped by.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Interesting, a simple constitution of dedicated open hearts wondering where the magic has gone. Majic is like property, only there for the posession. So where did the love go? Let the silence entertain first words of the renewed passion lest duty make the heart futile, powerless in the compensation to peace.
I like your poem. Sweet chronicle of daily living.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A good collaboration but to be honest I found the repetitions of "he" "she" doesn't understand a bit heavy-handed after a while and it began to take away from everything else for me. You have some strong emotions in this one nonetheless.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Where is Dr. Ruth when you need her? I was going to add Dr. Phil also, but ...LOL.
There are so many books out now to help couples get through phases like this. Your honest poem could help break the ice for so many and get them back to where they used to be.
Communication is the key and you both convey this so well in your excellent poem!
A superior write and a nice surprise from you two!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This fascinates. I can't get my head into collaborations (only child, not disposed to sharing). Whenever I read a collaboration I always forget to read the poem for trying to work out who has written what. I am totally taken with the process rather than the outcome. What draws two -- or more -- people to do it I always wonder? I have only really tried it once and need to be led. If I was a boxer I'd be counter-puncher. And once I do get an idea I just can't imagine twoing it up. I've seen several collabs here on this site and it has come as a great eye opener how well people can pull it off, some brilliantly. Having said all that I can't work out who is who here, save he = phil she = sue I imagine. I wonder if the shorter lines are Phil? I've just read it again and again i am still trying to solve who is who and really not reading the poem. Ach!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wow... ummm... yes, I know about this.... Beautifully put, but makes one want to cry in frustration. Silence is not so 'golden'. I live with it all the time. Oh, Phil and Brenda, you give me the courage to post one of my own which feels so very personal. No... I do not want to become like the parents.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1470 Views
66 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on March 2, 2008
Last Updated on March 11, 2008

Author

Brenda Sue
Brenda Sue

Chatsworth, GA



About
Rose Glitter Graphics Everyone has there own beliefs about what Heaven is, whether religiously, spiritually or just musically! (Led Zeppelin) The one thing I found in common with each person though .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Seed The Seed

A Poem by Dezaraye


Wild Vine Wild Vine

A Chapter by TL Boehm