Chap. 2: Memories

Chap. 2: Memories

A Chapter by The Everyday Surprises of Having a Family

......At first he gently kissed me but I pulled him closer and he kissed me with more passion. I felt my pulse grow faster and faster and then my breathing sped up....

 

  I just couldn't breathe under the onslaught of emotions. Finally Damien had to break the kiss because at that point I was hyperventilating. As I gasped for air he just stared at me, patiently waiting..... wow those eyes were amazing, the color was so bright right now. I finally got ahold of myself and immedialtly relized something was obviously different maube even wrong. Not only had i just kissed someone who was basically a stranger, I had just kissed someone! Immediatly a memory from freshman year popped into my head: Me and Adrian were in the back of our Drama class listening to some music on his iPod. We had just started dating and we both looked up at the same time.... I Iooked into his eyes and started to think about love for the first time. Back then i thought...wow i love him... and just as i opened my mouth to tell him he said "I love you..." I couldn't belive my good luck and thought i finally found the guy i want to be with. So i told him "I love you too" and i kissed him for the first time. Then reality hit me like a ton of bricks and i came back to the present. I saw Damien and then more importantly i heard the song playing... the one from the memory and i just burst into tears. I didn't care that Damien saw me in that moment of weakness, I didn't care that i let hold me while he whispered soothing words that meant nothing and did nothing. I just cryed and cryed and knew my heart was still shattered. I hated that moment though, has i hate life i hated that moment but could do nothing. I wanted the comfort, for once in my freaking life i wanted to be truely loved by someone. Has that revalation struck me i remembered Damien was there and the tears slowed and breathing returned to normal. He looked at me with a worry i couldn't comprehend. Then my ( sometimes unfortunaltly) infallable memory reminded me he was here about something and so i asked him why he came.

 

  He told me basically an entire novel length story of why he was here for me. He told me about the vampire world he lived in and that soon i would be part of that world. He told of a war between the vampires and their slayers and how when i was born it was because i was bred to fight. Which actually made sense because even though i didn't work out i was strong, i had the slight muscular definition of a dancer/gymnast. When he was finished he said he'd let me think about everything and would be back tomorrow after school. Then he literally disappeared into thin air leaving me shocked. I stayed up a long time thinking about it all while listening to the less hard core music of H.I.M. At some point i fell asleep and i dreamed of the stoies he told me and about me being one of few females that fought in this war... All too soon i was awake. I got dressed in a daze and then all of a sudden i was in the worse pain in my life. I fell to my bed and jack-knifed into the fetal position. The angry black metal pulsing along to the beats of agony i felt but i didn't dare scream. I was on the edge of reality when two things happened. First another memory: Adrian ending our relatonship, the look of no remorse and just plain disgust and hatred in his eyes making me wondered what i did wrong. The feeling of my heart shattering, the pain similar to now and how i crumpled to the ground was again in agony as the tears flowed and friends rushed over... Just as that memory came to me adding another wave of agony the second thing happened, Damien appeared. At first he just looked me over and then comprehnsion apparently came to him. At least someone knew what  was going on with me cause i sure as hell didn't. He told that i was becoming a vampire and all i could think was Great another layer of complication and pain in my life. JUST what i need!

 

  Then Damien laid down on the bed next to me and pulled me on top of him. Once again the urge to pull away was there but something else told me to stay. Then he lay my head by his neck, immediatly there was a shifting in upper jaw as i breathed in a new scent to him. I reached for my mouth and felt fangs that certaintly hadn't been there last night! But that didn't last long, some unknown instinct took over. I bit into his neck as easily as you would bite through butter. A sweet taste rushed into my mouth and down my throat. I quickly relized it was blood and soon after that relization i started to take greedy draws from his vein. I thought i was going insane but the more of his blood i took the more the pain receded. When the pain was completly gone i stopped and lifted my head from his neck and saw the raw wound i left. I was concerned about those marks but then could barely remember my name, let alone worry about anything else, when i met his stare. I tryed to get up sure that my weight was uncomfortable for him but he stopped me and just hugged me tight. He whispered to me that he was so happy i was still alive and sorry that he didn't warn me of the pain and he was happy to haven't gotten to me so soon and on and on and on. Finally he told me loved me, i don't know what came over me but i jumped up off the bed and away from him with strength i never had before. He looked hurt and worried and then i could see he understood he never should have said that. I started to yell at him saying that i didn't need his love or anyone else's, that i didn't need anyone.

 

   The memories came as if a floodgate opened up and in my uncontrollable fury i yelled louder, i started to tear up, and things in the room started to swirl around us. I felt a fluttering in my mind and couldn't comprehend what it meant. Then i saw the agony on my face mirrored on his. Once again my music pulsed to the pain and anger i felt and started to become louder. At some point Damien got up and just hugged me and everything stopped: the music, the memories, the fury, hell even time stopped and i stopped breathing. Then i started to breathe again as he pulled back but i didn't want him to let go. I grabbed him with all the force i could and squeezed him to me. All i could do was tell him i loved him over and over....



© 2010 The Everyday Surprises of Having a Family


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

great! i loved it! i cant wait for the third part so sweet! But i really want to know about the break up with adrian. i want to know why he had remorse and pain and hatred in his eye was for! but just cant wait! send me a message when the next part comes up!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on December 29, 2008
Last Updated on June 10, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

The Everyday Surprises of Having a Family
The Everyday Surprises of Having a Family

Bastrop, TX



About
I'm a poet... well not so much anymore. Most of my poems stemmed from relationship troubles but thats of the past. Now my baby and my hubby are my life. But i still LOVE LOVE LOVE music, as does hu.. more..

Writing