Chap. 1: Beginnings

Chap. 1: Beginnings

A Chapter by The Everyday Surprises of Having a Family

  The day started off as any other: woke up, dressed, fought with siblings over nothing at all, jumped in my car and went to school. As I reached the top step in the front of Carter High School I turned around and looked at the massive sea of students, friends and enemies, wanna bes and drama queens, all the typical high school cliques,i saw him. He was obviosly new, i mean i knew everyone in our high school who looked like that. Everyone was staring,  girls were gawking, looking like one of the girls they so often critiqued and the guys, well they just didn't know what to do. He was pale, the white color of cotton, tall, short red messy spiked hair, blue and green marble eyes and dressed... well..... He was dressed in all black, making him look, if possible, even paler. He wore a tight, black shirt, cargo pants with the bottoms tucked into his black combat boots, a few chains coming from his pockets, and piercings; earlobe gauged to double zero, an industrial, a loop through his left eyebrow, and snake bites. As he turned to study the sea of students, our eyes met and the connection there was instantaneous.

   As he started towards me, an immediate silence fell over the crowd of students. I turned away just as  the bell rang and I all but ran to class.. Was it me or was the bell louder than usual? It rung and reverbrated in my ears as I neared my first period. I was the first in class and went to the best seat, the one farthest from the board so as to be able to ignore Mr. Lopez and closest to the door so i can be the first to escape. As soon as i sat down the thoughts that were staying at bay a moment ago rushed forward. How could he be here? He's been in my dreams for two years, but i never thought for once that he was real. In my dreams we were vampires, warrior vampires at that. we fought side by side and our being mates made us an even more intimidating team. The late bell rang and I i was snapped out of my reverie.  As Mr. Lopez began his lesson, I started daydreaming about the new guy, well more like remembering my dreams.

   When the bell rang, i was, again, snapped out of my reverie and I finally noticed the buzzing conversations going on around me about the new guy. I learned his name was Damien (just like in my dream!) and that he moved to town over the weekend. He had a brother and a sister in the middle school. As i walked through the hall, i couldn't help but remember the moment Damien and i had shared. How could this be happening? An instant connection with a hot guy, and said guy has to be out of my f*****g dreams. This has got to be some funny joke of God, i thought. Guys rarely notice me, especially  the hot guys. The only times i am noticed are when my hair color changes, i get a new tattoe, or i get a new piercing. Guys didn't ask me out and that's was the way it had been and the way i had kept it since freshman year. there were't any cute guys in my school and if there were it didn't matter to me because after my freshman year, well i avoid guys as much as possible. Not that guys tended to be intrested in me that way anyways, i was concidered hard-core goth and even my friends who were like me, weren't brave enough to ask me.

   The rest of the day went by quickly. And i was in my  '09 Camino about thirty seconds after the last bell rang. I was sooo ready to get home. It was as i got home that i realized a black mustang was following me. As i got out of my car, the mustang flew by and i saw a flash of blue-green thru the slightly rolled down window. Paranoia kicked in so i hurried inside and to my room.  As soon as i sat down at my computer chair, I started to relax and feel comfortable. My room was my sactum, so to speak, and it was the only place i felt completly comfortable. I turned my computer on, and as soon as it was up, my music came on. Thank god. My music is my escape and i miss it during the day while in class. Job For A Cowboy, Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth (which i turned to full volume and thanked God for surround sound) came on to greet me. I needed to think and this was the best place for me to do just that. Music always centered me and I easily fell into speculation.

  Okay so  i know there was a connection between Damien and I and the few people that were around us felt it also. What i'm sure they also noticed was how I got panicky as he started walking towards me. But Damien obviously didn't pick that up. The weird thing though, is that he seems different than the other guys at school. When I saw him my first thought was 'Damn he's hot!' which for me has not been a thought about guys for years. I felt a stirring in my chest, a now very unfamiliar and rare feeling. But I wasnt ready for this, I didn't want this. Not after that happened. But even as I was telling my self this and trying to pound it into my brain, my heart was saying something completely different. And for the first time since the inccident, I felt my heart was right, not that i would listen to it and go for it, nor would i admit i had thought about it. So for the next few wekks, I avoided Damien as much as possible and when that wasn't possible, i ignored him and acted as though i didn't care.

   *******Then the unexpected happened I was in my room once again, pumping the Black Metal, screaming along occasionally, when someone knocked on my door and opened it up. Since I was writing another poem on Writers Cafe I wasnt paying attention until i was tapped on the shoulder and jumped out of my seat. I spun around and there was Damien. He stared at me with a joy a that was a near reverence. I just stared at him in wonder as my eyes traced the contores of his chest thru his tight black Amon Amarth shirt. He made himself comfortable by taking off that shirt and laying down on my bed whille my eyes popped out more as they took in in his bare chest. He was muscular but not unattractivley, the muscles were defined in a sleek way. When he said "Roxanne i need to talk to you, it's important that you know what is about to happen." I got lost in the sound of his voice. When he said "Roxy?" I snapped out of it and relized I had gotten close to my bed. Damien sat up and for some reason I couldn't comprehend he pulled me down to the bed and reached for my face. My insinct reaction after years of rejecting physical affection was to jump up and away from him but my body was telling me to stay put.

 

   Before my body or my instinct could win the war they waged he softly wrapped his hand around the side of my neck and leaned into me. I automatically put both arms around his neck and pulled him to me. He chuckled as my lips found his. At first he gently kissed me but I pulled him closer and he kissed me with more passion. I felt my pulse grow faster and faster and then my breathing sped up.



© 2009 The Everyday Surprises of Having a Family


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on April 5, 2009
Last Updated on July 13, 2009


Author

The Everyday Surprises of Having a Family
The Everyday Surprises of Having a Family

Bastrop, TX



About
I'm a poet... well not so much anymore. Most of my poems stemmed from relationship troubles but thats of the past. Now my baby and my hubby are my life. But i still LOVE LOVE LOVE music, as does hu.. more..

Writing