Three

Three

A Chapter by TheTardisLover

After the Time Machine finally stopped wiggling to the right and left, and the Doctor's laughs of craziness faded away, she took a deep breath looking around herself.


"Where are we?" Rose asked, her eyes falling back on him.


The Timelord didn't reply. He just smiled at her pointing with his hand towards the TARDIS'door. Even though he felt like telling her the whole history of the place they've landed on, he kept quiet, her insecure and simply confused way of feeling giving him second thoughts.


Rose smiled turning away and approaching the door. She still took a look behind, and when she saw his expression didn't change, she pulled it open.


"You wanted a vacation" the Doctor's voice echoed "I told you you'll get one. There is my surprise for you. The 67th Century, planet Triton, galaxy Arandelia, where humans and aliens live in peace. No sign of wars or problems between them. Wll, at least for now. 34th Century, the human race finds a new way of jumping their ships through galaxies, they find this planet, some of them stay, some of them go back home. Isn't that brilliant?"


She looked in awe at the marvelous view in front of her eyes; the bright blue sky and steamy clouds of pink; the hundreds and hundreds of flying cars above their heads; the mixed up colors upon the trees, and all the people, living a free life on their own.

The picture looked fantastic. And the fact that those aliens were friendly upon these human beings made her day even happier, her smile becoming wider and wider. But then it faded away again.


"Wh-What's wrong?" he pointed out.

"This, this is amazing, Doctor. It really is. The way they are all getting along, a new and fresh start. And I appreciate the fact that you still remembered."

"But?"

"Well" she turned to face him as he approached "I can't do this. Shereen is right in here, fighting for her life. I can't just leave her alone like that. It would be wrong."

"And that's why" the Doctor searched into his pockets, then took out a silver bracelet and placed it on her hand "I have got this for you."

"What is it?"

"A vital sign detector. Shereen wears one too. After you got to your room yesterday I started working on it. This thing over here send you a message when the sleeping beauty wakes up."

"You mean you stayed all night, working on this thing. Only for me?"

"Well..umm, I do need a vacation as well, you know? And I thought I should give it a try. I also had the plans for it for a while now, and it was also the right time to do -"

"Doctor." she cut him off. When he finally stopped babbling, she reached for his cheek and pressed a warm kiss "Thank you."

"Anytime." he smiled blushing.


He loved Rose. Of course he did. The only reason he kept fighting through all those things they've been through. Even if she made him weaker, she still changed him into a somehow better. Because, after the War, after committing the Genocide, he was so much darker, and so much lonelier. And he loved it, being on his own every day, finding new things and aliens to wipe them off their planets. He loved being angry with himself, and the people around him. After he regenerated into his 9th form, he only chased after the death. Trying to kill as much aliens as he could, reverse his anger, wipe his tears off. It wasn't really planned to land on Earth, he only followed a signal. The consciousness of the living plastic.


And then, it happened. The blonde girl with brown eyes, being enough smart to 'track'him down, learn about him, see his ship, his true face, and then finally, start travelling with him.


The Doctor felt that day, just like a child unwrapping a lollipop offered by the life. He felt like finally reaching a light, a swore connection and a happier life. He felt like grabbing onto fresh air and breathing it in.

Because that was she for him. Even though he wouldn't admit it inside his superior brain.


"Promise me she'll be fine?" the girl shook his arm.

"Yes. I do. The TARDIS will protect her, the bracelet will notify. Everything is perfect."

"Well, not all of it. She is still laying there. Even if we go, I don't want to get too much fun. I will still take care of her at night. I hope is not too much to ask." she looked him deep into the eye.

"No. I can accept that. She's your friend, you care about her. Who am I to take that away from you?"

"Thank you, Doctor. For understanding me."

"Let me grab some things and then we'll be off, alright?"

"Alright."


Rose laid down on the jump seat waiting for the Doctor, while he walked the corridors towards his room. She wasn't sure if he really understood what she was going through, or even if going was a good idea. But she heard him telling that he also needed a vacation; if this wasn't for her, at least for him. He deserved it. He saved lifes of thousands and thousands of species before, fought against the villan ones, broke the space to freedom and brought smiles on people's faces. This was a gift for him, even if he didn't do domestic.


"Ok, let's go." the Doctor said approaching. She connected her hand with his and they exited the TARDIS, both excitement and concern into her eyes.


At first, it was kind of windy, but after a couple of minutes of walking, a very weird kind of sun showed up, offering the two visitors its warmth.


"That's called the Brok. People here think it's a gift from Brokno, the God of Fire, 8090 years ago. They believe that after the war between Him and Ploton ended, and peace was settled, Brokno gave this planet a new chance. Look, over there" the Doctor pointed towards a very tall and ancient building "Both aliens here and human kind now, go and pray thanking to the God of Fire and the one of Rain for the peace they offered to this place, for the new beginning."

"That's why none of them likes fighting." she exclaimed.

"Yup" the Doctor replied, popping the 'p'"They are following their father. Just as they should be."


The two travelers, which under the others eyes looked like a couple, entered a little cafe, where they sat and ordered something to eat; she, a Kothomky with Brosnaka, and he, a Lovogentio.


"I am never gonna get used to those words" she pointed out. "Can't the TARDIS translate any of it?"

"Well, she would, but those are the official names. And please don't tell me you ordered a Kothomky just because they look like chips."


Rose took a long look at the Doctor, then , before she even knew it, she burst out laughing, the Timelord following. Unfortunetly, their time of giggling and so didn't last too long; people started impelling them with ugly looks.


He cleared his throat and arranged his tie, then felt his eyes falling once again on her.


"You never told me, Doctor." she spoke after some moments of silence. "What do you believe into?"

"Oh. Well. You know. All of them."

"All of them?"

"Aham. Well, not me. Timelords used to choose themselves what they wanted to believe into, because they were all over the place, traveling. We learnt in our schools about each one, the truth to be said, I never fancied any second of it. That's why, after years and years of studying about them,-"

"You chose not to believe in anything or anyone." she cut him off laying her hand on his. "Oh, Doctor. I wish I could be there for you. I wish I could help you through it. Only you won't let me in. Why don't you let me in?"

"I am alright, Rose. I really am, I promise. Besides" he took his hand back "You have already done enough for me. That's why I am still here, having breakfast with you."


And how she hated when he kept the distance at moments like this. Alright, it might be painful talking about his past, his people and his planet. Rose understood it was. But wasn't it better going through it among someone? Two is stronger than one, and having someone fight besides does so much more damage to the dark. It can heal you, make you stand again.

So why? Why was he like this?


Was it because she was a human? Was it because he needed only a Timelady? Or was it because of her? Her way of thinking, her way of being.


"What is that?" Rose pointed towards a very ugly and disgusting thing that was laying on his plate. "Will you eat that? You're gonna get ill."

"Oi! Don't underestimate before testing. You may never know, this green food may actually taste

delicious." he protested grabbing a fork.


Rose looked at him as he cut through it and took a bite, the disgust into her eyes literally affecting him also. He chewed a few times, at first his expression didn't change, but after a couple of seconds, seemed like terror and war got in front of his eyes.


"Oh, no" he said, reaching for his glass of water "Oh no no no.!"

"What? What's wrong? "

"See for yourself." he handed her the fork.

"What? Are you expecting me to eat that?"

"Only then you'll understand." the Doctor said reaching for her glass of water.


After a moment of thinking, the girl took a tighter grip of the fork and took a bite from the greeny food.


"Oh my Gods! That's fantastic!" she exclaimed digging in some more.

"Fantastic? You call that fantastic? Is bloody evil! That thing was going to kill me!"

"Doctor, those are just pears."

"I know!! Evil green pears! How can you be so casual? You should give me something, I was going to die."

"Like what? A resurrection kiss?" she laughed out loud.

"No. No kissing after you ate that thing." he loudly sniffed playing cool, his arms crossed. "I mean, look at you! That's disgusting! How can you eat it?"

"Then I'll only need to brush my teeth isn't it?" she smiled.

"What for?"

"For the..- Nevermind."

"No, tell me. What for?"

"Nevermind, Doctor. Let's go." Rose stood up grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the cafe.



© 2016 TheTardisLover


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When will you post the next chapter? Im looking forward to read this......Your story is getting much much better and clearer with each chapter.....I really love the characters you have used....Readers will find it easier to understand because of your brief description style.....Another excellent chapter......Hoping to see your next chapter.....Full ratings.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheTardisLover

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for always reading those chapters and giving me reviews. It means very much to me!.. read more



Reviews

When will you post the next chapter? Im looking forward to read this......Your story is getting much much better and clearer with each chapter.....I really love the characters you have used....Readers will find it easier to understand because of your brief description style.....Another excellent chapter......Hoping to see your next chapter.....Full ratings.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheTardisLover

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for always reading those chapters and giving me reviews. It means very much to me!.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 16, 2016
Last Updated on January 16, 2016
Tags: TARDIS, the Doctor, Rose Tyler, David Tennant, Doctor Who, Fanfiction, Romance, Galaxy, SciFi, Whovian, DW, Time Travel


Author

TheTardisLover
TheTardisLover

Germany



About
"People assume that Time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it´s more like a big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey Stuff." .. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by TheTardisLover


Two Two

A Chapter by TheTardisLover