The Story Of My Life,Once Again

The Story Of My Life,Once Again

A Story by bluessadmood
"

oh life ,you arrange everything for us,Ok what ever

"

 

What shall I say,Ok,i lived a very disturbed life ever since ever I was a grown up, I witnessed 3 wars ,I was jailed 3 times, I was almost killed by a car bomb, I think almost 3 times ,again, I left my country ,thought I was never going back ,just imagine if I did not go back ,by now I should be living in Seychelles and I almost got their nationality, its called paradise it was really great ,I worked there as a practitioner sergeon,it was great I worked with all nationalities ,boss of surgery department was a Uguslav,the others are either German ,French ,Cshecks,russians,actually you see the whole world there ,my best friend was American ,he worked there as an army officer during the Gulf war on Kuwait, what an irony ,after that he married a Seychellois pretty lady ,she was a real darling it was through her sister Mary ,that we were introduced to them ,they had a lovely mansion up on a hill they used to invite me to so many parties .Its here,when there was some conflict I used to take my American friend aside while drinking lots of beers and standing on the cliff, that led down deep to the sea, and the lovely breeze will blow smoothly as the hour is closing on 6 pm same timing as Iraq but what a hell of a difference, he will tell me a story about each of the couples in that party ,he knew he will shock me with every one ,in an hour the dancing will take place ,in still two more hours they are all so tipsy I even felt afraid one of them may fall down from high up ,my friend laughed at me ,he said do not worry ,these people never fall ,just watch out for yourself ,after a huge dinner ,where the music will go on like forever ,each couple you see ,they go wondering to the opposite side of the edge up the hill ,where the place is so heavily bushy ,they will stay there like forever ,only come back for more drinks ,and not beer for sure ,at 5 am morning I stand with my friend its almost clear area now ,my friend Mary will wink at me as if saying ,you must like it here ,by now I must have had 6 beers and almost dosing, and very sleepy ,John ,my American friend will say:you will not go  sleepy now ,no, I said what do you think we should do then...and so the party goes on for another hour and then I take my leave ,he, John giving me a ride through the winding road downhill...oh that morning light and the breeze getting cold as there should come a shower of rain from high up in the hills at this time of the hour where it gets cold and the fresh air ..you would think of one crazy idea ,take off your clothes ,all of them ,and walk out of the car ,and have a run between the very tall trees all around you ,the fresh air so strong to your smell ,you may be intoxicated, but we just laugh and pull ahead heading downtown, going back to ,Victoria hospital ,I am tipsy and very sleepy ,so I hardly pull through the day ,drinking so many coffees in the hospital cafeteria.. in a few days ,we are going do the same thing again ...I liked it there ,but there was a calling for me from home ,by 2003 ,when power was handed to the Americans I went back, where another drama was waiting for me ,you know its a series of dramas you find yourself in without even planning it. 

© 2009 bluessadmood


Author's Note

bluessadmood
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed reading about Your life despite the bits of sadness and trouble here and there...what is life without them... Though Yours have been exceptional...You tasted Paradise and Paradise was Lost...perhaps again You will find it...Your ending line is phenomenal...as is this piece :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

okay. as a rambling stream of consciousness bit, i really liked it. enthralled in fact, with the feeling that i was really reading something. and the little poems came and went.

"oh that morning light and the breeze getting cold as there must become shower of rain high up in the hills at this time of the hour where it gets cold and the fresh air ,you would of one thing ,take off your clothes ,not all off course ,and walk out of the car ,and have a run between the very tall streets all around you"

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rather touching, sad, honest and somewhat brutal.

I echo Carole's coment on trials building characters. I've been to my own hell-wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but bad enough, and I came out the other side a hell of a lot stronger than before.

Great piece!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think I would have to agree with Cat. There's more on the inside of you Moayad! Keep writing and showing us what life is like for you there. Write about being a doctor-your patients-Tell us about the most special patient you had. Tell us about your greatest success story with surgery. Tell us details-The sights and sounds there in Iraq.

Personally I do believe that trials produce character. No one asks for a trial...of course not, but they are a part of life, and they either make us bitter or better.

I have met plenty of shallow people in this life time. They are usually the ones that have had a life of ease. The people with depth are those that haven't had an easy road-Those that have allowed the tribulation to have it's perfect work and build character. The type that gives us compassion for others.

Keep writing. We are waiting....:-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My family are from Iraq so I too know what you've experienced, and I'm sorry. Iraq is a truly beautiful country, with lovely people who are affected greatly but what's happened there. But it will be restored, maybe not the same, but certainly get much better, maybe not soon, but definitely not never. I'm so glad that you survived. It just shows the strength of human character, and you are a very strong person! I think everything happens for a reason, and everything you go through and experience will benefit you in some way! And the good times will always come. Thanks for sharing this, it is very moving!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a wonderful piece of writing... your feelings, your friendship.. and yes, ironic but great that your friend, John, is an American.

You've obviously endured a great many things, bad things in your life. Hopefully there have been good and sweet times too... and that you'll have more.

This is a very imaginative write.. especially about running though tipsy... i could picture it all lol

Thank you for sharing :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting life story, from tragedies to paradise and everything in between. I enjoyed the read. Thanks for sharing. PX

Posted 15 Years Ago


Whoever said we need to know bad to appreciate good was a down right mean old b*****d if you ask me. (sorry for cursing on your page!) I was once told that the whole of the universe (beyond which we know) was too harmonious. That we souls needed a place to experience chaos, and so the angel of darkness came down to earth and here we are in the midst of chaos.
I'd certainly love to see an expansion of this piece....going as far back as you can remember. It's sad to read bad, a pinch of good, and more bad again. Though this is your truth and hard for me to take....I do long to see what it was like before you were an adult in the midst of such atrocities. My cousin was in a vehicle that was hit by a car bomb, but he made it out alive and pretty ok. Something I think happened with his hearing...but the rest of the passengers didn't fair so well. That's what he got for "serving our country". He's stateside now, much to his mom's relief. I'm wondering in your case if it had nothing to do with serving your country....or did it? I don't know....you've left many blanks and unanswered questions.
I can't imagine what it is like to live under such circumstances, which is one selfish reason I want more of your story. Obviously, you've been around a while and to write your whole life story could take as long...but I'm wondering if you might give us a "book"...and a few tid bits about each of the things you've mentioned in their own chapters. For example....your experiences in jail could be a chapter (or three)...and certainly there is more to tell of the car bombings. Where were you? What was going on around you? Who set the bombs? Was is known or unknown? Have you lived in fear? Did it ever become "normal"? Then of course the chapters on the good times. The party itself could be it's own chapter. Being a doctor is also a special thing. I would love to see more about a day in the life of you as doctor! If you are so inclined...please do continue. This piece leaves me wanting more, which is a definition of a "good" piece in it's own right. : ) Thank you for sharing these things with us...and please send me a read request if you decide to give us more details!! Excellent intro into your world, thank you. You've actually just reminded me of my mom....she lived in a war zone as a young girl. In Scotland....she used to recount tales of having to get out of bed in the middle of the night and run down the road with her siblings and parents in their pajamas to get to a shelter in time. There's so much that living in a war zone effects, and having never been in one myself, I would like to hear more. Of course....some memories are too harsh to recall, so I understand if you don't go further. Either way....I much enjoyed this little peak into your life. Much love and Peace~~Catherine

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the meandering tone of this. From tragedies to paradise back to horror again.
At least you've travelled. Do you think you might return to the Seychelles one day?
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

742 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2008
Last Updated on November 23, 2009

Author

bluessadmood
bluessadmood

Iraq



About
The Music I like,the Carpenter,all their songs and albums,The Super Tramps,one of their songs ,reminds me of a girl who nearly broke my heart,still feel the pain ,no ,no i will not tell who ,I like t.. more..

Writing
warda warda

A Story by bluessadmood



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..