Freshman Year

Freshman Year

A Chapter by Candace Garland

      My name is Molly, and I am a freshman at Montgomery High School. My best friends are Maddie James and Trisha Lawrence; we have all been best friends since pre-school. I am the MOST popular girl at Montgomery High, I may only be a freshman, but I rule the school. My boyfriend Brad is quarterback of the football team, “Go Lions!” and I wish I was head cheerleader, but weirdly I am a popular nerd. Brad is also a freshman, he and Maddie are twins which makes us all 14. Brad and I have been together for 2 years, ever since the Valentine’s Dance in 7th grade. Everyone at MHS envies me, because I have the brains, looks, and perfect boyfriend. With my long straight brown hair, and my Caribbean blue eyes, everyone wants to be me. My life wasn’t always this perfect; let me tell you my story. When I was 5, my dad and mom fought so much, they got a divorce, after that, my dad got custody of me, and he started acting weird. He would constantly kiss me, and then he started touching me in places that made me uncomfortable. I wanted to tell, but he made me promise I wouldn’t tell a soul. From that day to the day 6 ½ years later, it had gone on. I had told 2 people about it, my step brother, and my step sister; they were the only people I could trust with this secret. My brother was always there for me if I needed him, he tried to protect me the best he could. One day, I couldn’t take what I was going through one more day, so my sister helped me tell someone. She and I went to our school principal to tell her, she thought I was joking at first, but I assured her I was very serious. She informed us that she was departing the next day for vacation, and that she could not do anything to help us until she returned. With this in mind, my sister suggested we tell her mother, and that she would be very happy to help me. That night, my father was asked to leave my house, and 2 days later, he was arrested. Within a month from him being arrested, he was sent to prison for 13 ½ years. When this took place I was a little over the age of 12 so it never really hit me what was going on. This is my not so perfect part of life, it is now time I tell you how my life got so perfect.


© 2017 Candace Garland


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on May 8, 2017
Last Updated on May 8, 2017


Author

Candace Garland
Candace Garland

FL



About
21 married to my best friend, with a 1 1/2 year old son more..

Writing