Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Allison

Months had passed since the day Richard threatened to leave. Now, Claire dragged herself out onto the beach, to tan, and give Richard the false hope that maybe she would recover. One extraordinarily beautiful day, Claire went walking. There were some ruins that she wanted to explore, that looked quite a lot like stonehenge. Claire walked for an hour, until she reached the huge slabs of stone. It was almost dark, and would soon be time to walk home. Lately, Claire had been having nightmares that made her afraid to be alone in the dark. Terrible nightmares about Vanessa, and what had become of her. Claire walked up to the nearest one, and reached out a hand. Engraved upon the rock, were words, Latin words, but words all the same. Claire spoke the words. It sounded like something she remembered from a Latin class she took in college. 'Memento Mori' Remember, you have to die. That was certainly true. Claire glanced around. It was sunset. She had to leave. She began to walk and heard someone behind her mirror her steps. She turned and saw nothing. She turned again, and began to quicken her pace. There was a giggle behind her. Claire began to sprint, and the foot steps behind her quickened also. Claire ran into the house, and slammed the door behind her. When she turned around to reach for a chair something made her blood run cold.


© 2010 Allison


Author's Note

Allison
The picture is like an example of memento mori. The skull/skeleton is the symbol of the rememberance of death.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on February 16, 2010
Last Updated on March 13, 2010


Author

Allison
Allison

Dinosaurland, HI



About
Howdy.... Obviously I'm Allison...... I write a lot of poetry, annnnnd I've heard that I'm pretty sarcastic and awesome :-) Review my stuffs pease? :D more..

Writing