Music

Music

A Story by Braden Freeman
"

A story explaining the magic of music.

"

I was sitting on my bed today listening to music on YouTube. My taste is a little different from most people my age--I like softer music like that of Elton John and Phil Collins. As I listened to True Colours by Phil Collins, it seemed I dropped out of time, I forgot who I was. It seemed while listening to the song True Colours, I was in some spiritual sense realizing my true colours. It is so amazing that music has the ability to bring us right into the present. While listening to some beautiful music, we drop out of the mind and into the soul.


I suppose music creates different experiences for different people, but for me I often find myself falling in love with the words. Perhaps because human beings all have feelings of love, when one person expresses love, it creates a chain effect, passing love from one soul to the next. We do not have to go up into the mountains or to church to find peace in our hearts; we can just listen to some lovely music.


Those who sing and perform music give a gift to the world which cannot be given by businessmen. They do not give us money or status--they give us something much greater. Musicians give us love.  

© 2015 Braden Freeman


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So true, music is a great escape. It can lift our hearts when we are feeling low. It can take what we are feeling and can't express, and put it into words. Lovely story, easy to relate to.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Love the story. I sang for years as a high soprano with the Utah Symphony. There was literally nothing like watching the audience jump to their feet with excitement. I wonder if the words of music touch you so deeply because you are a writer. Your writing in turn touches the hearts of musicians and the love passes on that way also. I love the stream of consciousness effect your writing has. Sort of like a soft glimpse into your soul. Thank you for sharing your talent. A nice ink!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Braden Freeman

8 Years Ago

Yah, I think there is a connection between writers and musicians. Creative souls often find a connec.. read more
Nice story. I have a strange taste in music. One day i listen to metal, another day i listen to J-pop especially vocaloid music.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Braden Freeman

8 Years Ago

Strange tastes are the best kind.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 31, 2015
Last Updated on July 31, 2015
Tags: Music, Love, Time

Author

Braden Freeman
Braden Freeman

Calgary, SW, Canada



About
I live a simple life in Calgary, Alberta. I currently work with the homeless. I want to make the world a better place, and writing is one way compassionate beings uplift the human race. more..

Writing
Nature Nature

A Story by Braden Freeman