Competition

Competition

A Story by Braden Freeman
"

The downside of competing.

"

I remember when I was young I loved to compete. I would compete in checkers, in the classroom and on the soccer field. Competition feels great when you win. However, as I got older I started to feel the pain of losing. I would nearly cry when losing a game, or when failing a test. I also thought of people who frequently struggled in school, and how it would feel to be them.


I still, in the present day, think about this idea of competition. In fact, just the other day one of my friends mentioned to me that he is tired of competing, and he feels that living in our city is like constantly running a race. I agreed with him, but at the time I was not sure how to give him advice on how to cope with the strain of competing.


I think society will become more friendly when the idea of competition is dropped. I do not propose any external solution to this problem, because I think those at the top of the business world are not likely to support a more balanced society. I think internally people need to become more loving. There needs to be a transformation of the inner world. When the interior world is more balanced and loving, I think the outer world will adjust accordingly.

© 2015 Braden Freeman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amen! That seems the most appropriate comments. So be it! When I play Scrabble with my daughters, I lose to them almost every time, (I used to beat them every time.) I am delighted when they win, it fills me with joy. I am so happy for the victories of those I love. In the past when I won, I pointed out where they could make more points, but I still won, now they have learned, I did my job well. Thank you for sharing, it took me down a sweet lane of memory.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Braden Freeman

8 Years Ago

I am glad you enjoyed it. I have had similar experiences with my child. It is very sweet.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 2, 2015
Last Updated on August 2, 2015
Tags: Competetion, Society, Balance

Author

Braden Freeman
Braden Freeman

Calgary, SW, Canada



About
I live a simple life in Calgary, Alberta. I currently work with the homeless. I want to make the world a better place, and writing is one way compassionate beings uplift the human race. more..

Writing
Nature Nature

A Story by Braden Freeman