Chapter 2. "Supper of a false hope"

Chapter 2. "Supper of a false hope"

A Chapter by Adam :P

                 "Dead?" I ask the lady in black with one word, one question. "Dead?" I ask her again. "What do you mean dead?"  She smiles and begins to laugh. "To be honest I don't know where we are. Only a joke." She replies. A small silence afterwards. "Just look out there, everything you see, everything you touch, it is dead. This house seems to be the only thing that looks alive anymore. I guess dead would be hell of a lot better then here." The lady in black says. "Enough, enough of this talk, come on now, come in. Stay for supper will you?" She asks me. Still confused on where I was or what has happened. I decide to take her offer to stay for supper. "Sure, I'll stay. But I got to find a way out of here after." I tell her. She smiles, "Good luck", she says with a wink. "Now go on ahead to the bathroom upstairs and clean up." she tells me. Then points towards the back of the house where the stairs are. I head that way.

                Old, worn out, creaky stairs. Couldn't quite figure out why the stairs were so..dead looking to such an alive looking house. The white coated paint all around. Seem to white sometimes. The brown wooden floor. I didn't see carpet anywhere. But what caught my attention the most was the stairs. They were so old, was a little scared to walk up them. They look like there ready to cave in. "House sure looks alive alright". I began to walk up them. On my way up I think of my family, how much I missed them and what there probably going through right now. Hoping they don't think I ran out on them. I walk up the stairs, and look around to find the bathroom, a couple other room surrounding it. I head in, I see a mirror in the bathtub. "Strange, why is there a mirror in a bathtub?". Wondering why. I began to wash my face. "B...B...BRE...BREA..." A voice that sounds like an echo from far away begins to speak. I look around to see where the voice is coming from. "Hello? Who's there?" I ask. Again I get the same answer. "B...B...BRE...BRE...", The voice says again. "Hello?" I ask again. About that time the lady in black showed up at the door. "Who you talking to?" She asks me. "I heard a voice" I tell her. She grins. "Long day huh?" She says. It had been a long day. The night never seems to come. The sky still the same, seemed I have been here for a full day but nothing in the sky has changed. Maybe it was just me going crazy. "Yeah it has been." I reply. "Now come on, come on down to supper. The guest will be here soon." I took one last look to make sure there was nothing there. I couldn't help but feel someone was in the bath room. I shook it off and headed to supper.

         A long red marbled table down the middle of the dining room streched out all the way through it. Could be twenty five feet. Five red coated furry chairs on each side. Then the biggest chair at the end, a big black chair.  One you would see at a rich folk's house. Then a window to the far right of me. "Who is all coming for supper?" I as the lady in black. "A few friends I have met here." She replies. "So there are other people?" I ask her. "Yeah, there different though, not like you. They been here a very long time. Let me tell you about them before they get here. First there is an old man bye the name of Rick. He has been here about the same time as me. Arrived about the same time. He is very, very old. Barely speaks, barely walks. I don't know how he gets his self around. White hair, big glasses, and a big crooked nose. You will notice him when he walks in. Then there is Jay, Jay is about your age, very optimistic person. Long brown hair, big blue eyes, and those eyes are beautiful, very handsome young man. Then there is", before she could begin the next question the door bell had rung. "Be quiet." She whispers to me. I stay quiet with a puzzled look on my face. "Don't move." She whispers again. "Move away from the window." She whispers once more. I get up to move. "Slowly!" She says. I move away real slow. I look outside the window. For the first time I didn't see that old dark gloomy sky. This sky was black, pitch black. It had a sense of evil with this sky. The door bell rings again. Still wondering whats going on. "Whats going on?" I ask her in a whisper. She puts her finger on her mouth. To show me to be quiet. The door bell rings again. We sit there hiding away from the window in silence for a very long time.

         The sky finally clears. The door bell stops ringing. "OK, OK, let's get back to supper, our guest should be here soon." Is the first thing she says. "Excuse me? What the hell was that all about?" I ask her. She looks at me for a minute. "Let me tell you the most important rule about this house. About this place. I have seen many people come and go. When they go it's not by choice, it's not because they want to go. I have found ways around that dark sky. Just listen if you want to be in peace and not vanish or turn out like one of them trees, you will stay in this house. You will not answer the door bell. You will stay quiet when the sky goes black. You won't move a muscle. Now enough of this talk. Enough! Enough! Enough!" She screams in anger. I get back in my seat. "So..Where are the guest" I ask her. About that time the old man walks in, and sits at the opposite side of me.

        "Hi" I say to the old man. He just looks at me and nods his head. "Finally your here!" The lady in black says in excitement. I start to think of questions I could ask for more of an explanation. "Do you know about the black sky?" I ask the old man. He looks up at me real fast from the table. Gets a real angry look on his face, then gets up and walks out the room and up the stairs. Barely moving, it seemed it took him a whole hour to walk out the room. "Now! Why did you go on and have to say that!?" The lady in black yells. "Say what?" I ask the lady in black. "What you said, about the darkness. No one is allowed to talk about that. So why would you ask?! Why?! WHY!!" She takes a breath. "Now will wait for the rest of our guest. Hopefully you don't run away another guest."She says to me.

                   A young man walks into the room. "Sup hoes. See we got a new guy runnin this town." The first thing the young man says. "You must be Jay" I say. "Sure enough" He replies. "Hi! hello Jay welcome back to supper?!" The lady in black rudely jumps in. "Thank ya, Where is the old fart at?" He asks. "Well, somebody decided to run him away, so we have to cope without" The lady in black says, then gives me a nasty look. I decide to ask the same question not caring if i upset the lady in black. "Whats the deal with the darkness?" I ask the young man. "Now! How dare you be so rude! How dare you! You damn rude son of a b***h!" The lady in black yells at me. "I got to go. I don't like being around that talk." Just like the old man, Jay leaves the room, but in much more of a hurry. "Way to go.." The lady says calmly.  "Now all we have is that evil little girl. I don't like her, just don't want to be rude and tell her to not come. I don't even know the girls name.

             We sit there for a while in silence. Not a word or anything. I could tell the lady in black was upset with me. We sit there a while longer. Finally the little girl walks in. "Welcome!" says the lady in black. "Welcome welcome. Hopefully you stay for supper, everyone else has left because of the new guy." The lady in black says. The little girl that walks in, is real young, long black hair, dressed in a yellow dress, with a red bow. She didn't match well at all. Had a very pretty face for a little girl. I decide to ask the question once more, this should really piss the lady in black off. "What do you know about the darkness." This time I got a different response. A smirk. A big smirk. "I think I'm like this one." The little girl says to me. The lady in black just gets up. "Now excuse me, but I'll be leaving now." The lady in black says then storms off. "So your not fraid of the darkness?" She asks me. "Don't know what it is. Just curious" I reply. "It's your worst enemy, it's all that hurts and more. You heard stories of the Devil, You heard stories of the Demons, of torture, of death, of anything you know! O the darkness is something." The little girl tells me in excitement. "Why do you sound so enthused?" I ask her. "I'm a strange little girl" She smiles. "What does it do?" I ask her. "Don't kno much bout that. Maybe ask somebody who knows." She says. "Who would know?" I ask her. Another smirk. "Looks like me and you goin on a adventure. But if we go best watch out for the rain." She laughs. "Whats wrong with the rain?" I ask her. Again another smile. "You sure gots lots of question don't ya?" She asks. "Just curious and confused." I say. "Come on now lets get going." She says.

          I finish getting ready, I didn't have nothing with me. So it didn't take long. The little girl was already out the door waiting. She seemed to have no worry in the world. As I began to walk out, I look back at the stairs still wondering where that voice came from, just to see the lady in black walking down. I guess black is the only thing she ever worn. "You leaving?" She asks me. "Yes, going to find more out about this darkness." I tell her. "Getting yourself into a heap of trouble. You go looking for something, your bound to find it. Then your going to be in something worst then Hell." She says. I just look at her and nod. "That little girl is dangerous, got some sense of darkness with her. It was nice meeting you. Just be careful out there. Not a whole lot of people stick around. They get lost." I look at her one more time, then up the stairs behind her. The walk out the door. To step on that same old dirty sand. "Bout time" The little girl says. Then smiles and walks away. "Follo me, we got ourselves an adventure. A damn horror film." She says. "Horror film?" I ask. "Just an expression." She says. We walk. I see a cloud up ahead. "Wow, a cloud. First thing I've seen in the sky." I say. "You ain't going to like that sky bye the time we get there." "What?" I ask her. She smiles.




© 2011 Adam :P


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This wasnt slow at all, it was actually quite good. Though I woukd like it if you could explain the scenery more: like more on how the sky looks, more on the house, more on the people. But the story itself is getting more and more interesting. Cant wait to read more :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 20, 2011
Last Updated on August 18, 2011


Author

Adam :P
Adam :P

sherman, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I'm 20, got one kid who was just born in 2010 november named Hayden, I am a single parent and share custody of the little guy :). I love writing lyrics, I have no musical talent, so I stuck with jus.. more..

Writing
Out Alive. Out Alive.

A Poem by Adam :P


a a

A Poem by Adam :P


These kids These kids

A Poem by Adam :P