Chapter 3.  Rain this fired heart

Chapter 3. Rain this fired heart

A Chapter by Adam :P
"

This story goes more into detail about the little girls life.

"
                   "What's your name?" I ask the little girl. "Well you can call me...umm..hmmm..Call me Rose for now." She replies. "Rose? Do you not know your real name?". I ask her. "Well I like to have thousands names. Whats so fancy bout' this darkness to ya?" She asks me. "Maybe it can help me find my family." I reply. "Ha! hahaha what a durn stupid thing to think. You honey, aint never goin nowhere. This your new home now." She continues to laugh. It makes me angry that she could laugh at something like that. "That's not funny." I tell her. "Then why the hell am I laughing?" She replies. "I don't know little girl who don't even know her name. But I don't appreciate you laughing at me. I miss my family. I'm scared for my live that I won't see them again. So shut the hell up and take me to this darkness!" I didn't want to be mean to a little girl, but my heart really hurt on seeing my family again. It was silent for a while. "See that rain cloud?" She asks me. I guess she is trying to change the topic. She didn't seem phased at all from when I yelled at her earlier. "Yeah. What about it?". "Well that rain, when it comes down. It don't feel so great. Fells like fire or acid fallin down on ya. So ya don't think you can handle it, might wanna' be in some cover". I look at the little girl like she is stupid or crazy. "What do you mean?" I ask her. "What I said what i mean" she replies.
              We walk a good ways looked like the cloud was getting closer. "Whats your story?" I ask the little girl. "Don't know, can't member much for' I got here. Member my papaw, nice gentle man, man I miss him." For the first time I see some type of sadness in her eyes. Shortly after she smiles. "What bout you? I know you gots your family but how you end up in a place like this?" She asks me. "No clue, I woke up and was here. Trying to figure that out." I still had no clue or no direction of where I was or what had happened. Seemed everyone here didn't know much about anything. The clouds came up closer and closer. "This bout the time you's want to take some cover." She tells me. "What about you? Are you not going to take cover?" I ask her. She smiles. "Hell no".  "Then why should I?" I ask her. "Don't think ya can handle this." She tells me. I decide to stick it out with her. "I'll be fine." She smiles again. "Good luck to ya." She tells me. Then I fell a burn on my shoulder. "What the hell?" I say. "Told ya." Shortly after another burn on my shoulder. Then a sprinkle of what felt like acid coming down. "Ouch!" The burning feeling was some of the worst burns I ever felt. One burn after another. Then it starts to shower. The pain devastating. Imagine being right next to a volcano and the top blows and all the fire lands on you and keeps on and keeps on coming. I look around in pain and agony to see if the little girl was alright. Screaming with each drop, with each touch from this "rain", and There she is.. dancing in the rain.
                     "La la la, I love the pain, pain comes from the rain, And I'm all in this for now" She sings and dances in the rain. While I cry out in pain. "Does this not hurt you?!" I ask her. She smiles. "Only hurts ya if ya let it ya know. Should be over soon." She says. But it wasn't over for a good while. "What's wrong with you?" I ask her with an angry voice. She smiles again. Then winks at me. "Come on now lets get going, told ya to take you some shelter now didnt i?" She says. Finally the rain starts to clear up. I look around on me for burn marks but could find none. "Why is the rain like that?" I ask her. "Don't kno for sure." She tells me. "Where are we?" I look around to just see that same dry dead looking ground and surroundings. The sky back to how it was the first time I arrived here. "Were somewhere." she laughs. "What do you mean somewhere?" I ask her. "Were somewhere!" She yells. "Ok?" "Now come on and go with me." She tells me. "No, you tell me where we are and where we are going first." I tell her. "I wants to sho you somethin." I give up on trying to get something out of her,  I continue to follow her.
                As we walk it seems to get hotter with each step. "Why is it so hot?" I ask her. "Jus you wait." She smiles. I was getting wore out on asking her questions so i decided just to follow her. The walks seemed like forever around here. "How long have you been here?" I ask the little girl. "YA KNOW WHAT?!", She yells. "Why are you yelling?" I ask her. "THAT BE WHY! ALL YOUR DAM QUESTIONS!. I'm bout tired of it. One then nother, then one then nother. It gets old ya know." She says. "Ok. I won't ask anymore." I say back. Wanting very badly to just punch the little girl. She must have came from somewhere bad to have such a bad attitude. I shut up and just follow her. Footstep after footstep. I realized the little girl had some very bright shoes on. Didn't match her personality at all. Bright blue, and no shoe laces. Wanted to ask her how she got them, but didn't want to listen to her yell again. I looked down at my shoes. Had them for the longest time. Big brown shoes. All worn out barely making it to the next step. Been through Hell and back with these shoes. Still good to me. Could keep the same shoes forever. "You sure did get quite, and whats up with ya and shoes?" She asks me. She must have noticed me looking at her shoes. "Was just noticing them. There different." I tell her. "Ya, done heard that bufore. Sorry bout that yellin at ya, jus questions get old after while. Maybe just live what your livin and quit wonderin bout all these things. I know ya scared and don't kno where ya at." She says then begins to laugh. "Sorry, I couldn't go on with that one, I could care less bout ya be honest. Ha Ha Ha, That one was a mean one." She says to me. I ignore her with anger. "When will we get there? I'm about to quit following you. "Look we're here.".
              I look ahead to see a waterfall coming down from about 60 feet in the air off a cliff. A big rocky cliff, It seemed very old. The water coming down looked like sewage water it came down fast like the raging rapids. Fell into what seemed to be a pond that didn't look like it was filling up. The water just fell then soaked up into the ground. No river leading the water anywhere. "How is that possible?" I ask myself. "You kno what they say right?" The little girl ask me. I look at her waiting on an answer. "What's behind the waterfall." She says to me. "What?" I Ask her. "Not a dam thing! HA HA Ha, just wasted your dam time bringen ya way down here. I don't know a dam thing bout that darkness." My anger couldn't last any longer. I push the little girl down "Listen here little girl! I got a son younger then you, I got a wive at home! I got a family! I don't have time for your stupid jokes! Maybe your that pathetic that you got nothing better to do with your life then mess with people! Hell why you think your here right now?! Probably no on where your from could put up with your stupid s**t!" I yell at her. She just looks at me in shock. "Y..You..You pushed me..." She says silently. "You know what!? Go get way I'll take on my own life. Got no one, maybe your right maybe I am here cuz no one wanted me there!" She covers her face then runs off into the waterfall. "No, wait I didn't mean it" I say to her. Then follow her to the water fall.
       She runs up a path leading up a rocky road is what it reminds me of. I miss the rocky road at home leading to our driveway.  There she is sitting down looking out from behind the waterfall. It was a cave a very small cave. She is sitting next to a full skeleton.  "Found this place when I first came here. Keeps me way from everything." She says to me. "It's nice, quiet." I say back to her. "ya think so?" She says. Of course I didn't think so. The sewer water smelt and looked disgusting. But I didn't let her know that. "Yeah, nice place." I say to her. "I gots a question for ya." She says to me. "What is it?" I say back. "What do you think about God?" She asks me. "What do you mean?" I reply. "God? Do ya believe in him? Mean, how come he put us down here, just left us lone? Maybe didn't want to mess with us so threw us in this place. Hell coulda killed me off. Woulda been betta then this." She says. "I..I don't know what to say. Everything happens for a reason right?" I ask her. "What reason is this then? She says to me. "I don't want to live no more. Rather that darkness come take me way. I just can't seem to find way out of this place. I looked durn bout eveywhere."  She says again. "Don't think like that. Come help me find a way out. There has to be. I won't stop till I find a way out." I say to her. "That's the problem. You could be looking forever and never find nobody and the end will never come." She says to me. "Just so tired of it. How I'm suppose to know my family even want's me back." She says to me. "I'm sure they do." I say to her. She just looks at me and stands up. Then walks towards the water fall at the edge of the cliff. We were about 50 feet in the air. Followed her up a trail that led up here for a while. "I done been here long time. Rather take my chances dead. I hope ya do find ya family ya know." She looked back at me sitting down in the corner not knowing what was about to happen. And before I could get up to stop her,  She smiles back at me, then jumped off the ledge.


© 2011 Adam :P


Author's Note

Adam :P
leave me advice and pointers and tell me how I did.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on August 18, 2011
Last Updated on September 28, 2011


Author

Adam :P
Adam :P

sherman, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I'm 20, got one kid who was just born in 2010 november named Hayden, I am a single parent and share custody of the little guy :). I love writing lyrics, I have no musical talent, so I stuck with jus.. more..

Writing
Out Alive. Out Alive.

A Poem by Adam :P


a a

A Poem by Adam :P


These kids These kids

A Poem by Adam :P