Six Years Before

Six Years Before

A Chapter by Julia
"

The Story of Luke and Breelynn - the appearing of Jack.

"

 It was only two months after Jack’s death, but it was 11 months since we had last talked. I was doing better. I was doing much better. I had just moved into a new city, San Antonio, Texas, and started high school. I was liking the new change. It was the second day in school that I had met Rachel. We had a block schedule, and today was the day that I had periods 5-8. Gym was fifth period. I was lost in the locker room and had no idea where to go. I saw a girl with strawberry blonde hair, and brown eyes looking around, gripping her backpack that hung on her shoulder. “Do you know where we go for P.E?” She asked. “No. I’m wondering the same thing.” I replied.

That was the first thing we said to each other. Our friendship grew and I learned about her boyfriend, Jason, who lived in Houston. I heard all the stories about him, and grew envious of her luck in love at the time. I wish I had Jack to hold me and do the things Rachel and Jason got to do.

It was one day that Rachel came to school, that she told me about Jason’s best friend, Luke. I smiled and nodded. He seemed like a good guy. Then I heard this come out of Rachel’s mouth, “He’s single, so I told him about you.”

I looked at her. “You did what?”

Rachel smiled, “Yep. And here’s his number. You should text him or something.”

“No. No way.”

“Breelynn, come on. It would make him happy.”

I gave in. I shouldn’t have given in.

I texted Luke the whole day. We talked – a lot. A week went by of non-stop texting, and calling at night, and I learned so much about him. I had never met him face to face, but him only being three hours away from, me would definitely make it possible. It was a week after we first began talking that he asked me to be with him. Of course, I said yes. How could I say no to someone as adorable as he was? He met all my standards, which, I must say were high. Jack was the only one who had met them before. I should have left when Luke promised he’d never hurt me. That should have been my warning. I was too blind. I thought this was Jack’s gift to me. I thought that if was him giving me the gift of happiness.

On October 18th, three days before Luke and I’s one month anniversary, I visited him in Houston. Rachel had joined me on the journey to visit Jason. I had one of the most amazing times in my life. He was my only kiss besides Jack. It was crazy, but I had never kissed Brendon, or anyone else. I went home, carrying his jacket, his cologne, his lacrosse jersey, and his boxers. I had given up to him my favorite blanket. I was the happiest I had ever been since Jack, and Luke had said he loved me. Another warning I should have taken.

October 30th, everything crashed. A joke I started, turned into a simple, “I’ve been lying to myself, and I don’t love you.” From Luke. I couldn’t breathe. It was over a text, for God’s sake. How low can you get to say such a thing in a text message? I was in French class, but I didn’t care. I broke down, and the teacher sent me to the bathroom, where I called him.

“Why would you do this?” I asked.

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t know? Of course you know, Luke! Why would you lie about that?”

“I didn’t lie to you up until this week.”

“Bullcrap.”

I can’t even remember the rest of the conversation.

I went home early that day. I went a week of starving myself. I went a week of crying. The last time I ever spoke to Luke, I was told by him that I was just a puppet to him. I was angry, and I knew what would get to him. So, I took advantage of it. I told him he was just like his dad, who he had always feared to become. We never talked after that.

Just because I was angry, didn’t mean I didn’t miss him. I found that after he left, no one cared to listen to anything I said. Not even Rachel. I had burst into tears one night just like every other night. Then, something happened. “Breelynn...” I heard. Jack? “Breelynn, it’ll be okay.” I had been lying on my bed, my head shoved in my pillow. I looked up. Jack was standing in front of me, and he was… shimmering? I sat up straight, scared to death. “Don’t be scared.” He said.

I was pretty sure I wasn’t dreaming, but I had to ask. “Am I dreaming…?”

“No.”

“Then how….?”

“I asked.”

“What?”

“I asked God to come help you.”

I was definitely dreaming.

“Breelynn, I know I left you. And I was stupid to do so, but I had my reasons, and I’m here now. I know what Luke did to you, but I’m here. I said I’d help you get over it, didn’t I?”

“That was with Brendon…”

“But I meant, I’d help you get through anything.”

I was astonished. How could he even be here? I couldn’t even think logically to ask for an explanation. All I did was thank god.

“So, you’re like… a guardian angel?”

“I am your guardian angel.”

Tears swelled in my eyes, and it wasn’t with sadness this time.

“Is it possible to hug an angel?”

“Only for you.”

I jumped up from my bed, and crashed against his body. I was so glad to have him here.

Ever since that night, Jack Medina had been my guardian angel. Just because he was my angel, though, didn’t mean I was over Luke, or what he did. I built up walls, and no one could break through them. I stayed away from love, entirely after that. And Jack made it know that he didn’t like my choice in that, too. But, I knew that if I fell in love again, he would be gone. I couldn’t let that happen again.

Ever since I was fourteen, Jack has been my guardian angel.



© 2009 Julia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on November 25, 2009


Author

Julia
Julia

Columbus, GA



About
I'm Julia Aleece Watson. I'm fifteen, and I'm a hopeless romantic. I write novels and I never finish them. more..

Writing
Stars. Stars.

A Poem by Julia


Demons. Demons.

A Story by Julia