Chapter Four : Siera

Chapter Four : Siera

A Chapter by bree.bennett
"

Siera goes out with her dad, one of her favorite things to do.

"

Explosions, lies, death, more explosions; all of that and more is what summed up the new Space Cosmic movie. Movies like this always gave me a rush and made me feel almost invincible after watching them. Unfortunately, they also make me so hyper that I never shut up.

                “Okay. My favorite part was definitely the scene where Dark finally tells Isle that he knows where his father is! But what gets me, is we still never actually found it out! I mean, we know that Dark knows but, he died at the end anyway! So, I really don’t understand how it will tie into the fourth movie, like, there’s no one there to tell us where his father is! I think maybe he’s dead. Or worse, being tortured! Oh! What if Isle’s father is actually �" “

                “Honey! If you don’t start eating soon your food’s going to be as frozen as Dark’s lifeless body!” My dad interrupts me a lot but, it’s for my own good. If it wasn’t for him, I’d probably talk myself to death! I nodded, knowing he was right, and started stuffing fries in my mouth. I ate quickly, wanting to get back to discussing the movie. Dad chuckled and scooted my plate away from me a little bit. “Slow down kiddo! You’re going to kill your stomach eating like that!”

                “I’m sorry; I just really want to talk about the movie! It was so good.”

                He chuckled again, eating a few of his fries. “I know, but we can talk more about it tonight once we get back in the car. For now we need some type of nourishment other than popcorn.” He grabbed his burger and dug into with his teeth, getting barbeque sauce all over his light green shirt in the process. I laughed, watching as he suddenly noticed the mess. “Whoops.” he muttered, trying to clean it off of his shirt but just making it worse. “Well this is a mess.”

                “Kinda like your life.” I said sarcastically, snickering half-way through the sentence. He looked up and glared for a couple seconds before bursting out into a deep laughter.

                “That was a good one.” He said, holding out his fist. I bumped my fist into his and as we both simultaneously snapped, I laughed, going back to eating my food. He looked down at his watch and made a sort of snorting noise. “We’re going to have to pick up the pace. If we don’t get home soon your mom’s going to get worried.”

                I sighed, a mouthful of burger occupying my mouth. “Can’t you just text her? I don’t want to go home yet! I’m having fun!”

                Dad laughed, pointing at his own mouth. “First off, I thought we were eating burgers, not seafood. Second, we go watch a movie every other weekend sweetheart. It’s not like this is the last one we’ll go watch! Besides, your mom gets worried when we’re out late.”

                I finished my burger and made a scrunched face at him. “You never know! Maybe you’ll decide you don’t like movies anymore! Or, or, maybe you won’t like me anymore!!”

                He laughed and picked up the ticket. “Now neither of those would ever happen.” He walked up to the counter and paid as I tried to get all of my stuff from the booth. I grabbed my bag and phone and met him at the register. As we walked out of restaurant, I realized a question I had meant to ask but forgot. “Oh! Dad! Tuck was talking about taking me bowling tomorrow with a group of his friends! Can I go?”

                “Why do you all never do anything with your friends, or even just the two of you?”

                I shrugged, never really thinking about it like that. “I’m not sure but I don’t mind! His friends are fun! And I get along with them pretty well.”

                Dad sighed as we reached the car. We sat in the front and as he started the car he said, “Honey, I just don’t want you to get hurt I mean, you don’t find it weird that he doesn’t take you on regular dates or anything?”

                “Oh come on Dad! That’s so old school! Anyway, I want to continue our movie discussion! I mean, I know Isle was heartbroken by Dark’s death but, it was his lovers fault, and he still loves her which I find weird. I mean, your girlfriend just killed the only link to your dad so you kiss her? It just doesn’t make sense to me.”



© 2015 bree.bennett


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on August 30, 2015
Last Updated on August 30, 2015


Author

bree.bennett
bree.bennett

TN



About
Favorite Author - Neil Shusterman Favorite Book - Variant more..

Writing