Drew.

Drew.

A Chapter by brookedasright

The next morning,it was still raining really hard. I heard my brother talking quietly downstairs,and though I knew it was wrong,I went down to listen. He was sitting at the bottom of the stairs,on his cell phone.Probably a girl.

"Yeah,come on over then.I'd like you to meet her." he was silent for a moment,listening to the reply. Who wanted to meet who? Me? He wasn't trying to fix me up or something,was he?

"She's got one..yeah he's a real...nah.I was just telling her she needed a guy that fits her better...okay,see you then." he smiled as he hung up.

"What the hell?" I went down the steps and grabbed his phone out of his hand. He swiped it back.

"What the hell?" he mimicked me and grabbed my head in his arm,pulling me down the rest of the steps.

"Your not inviting some guy over here to see me on a Saturday,are you?" I frowned.

"Sure am.His name is Drew,and he's kick a*s,you'll like him." he laughed as he muttered the words "kick a*s." I frowned,sitting on the counter.

"No."

"Yah,so go get ready.He's coming at...12,and it's 11 now." he grinned and ducked as I swung at him.

"You punk a*s b***h!" I screamed,pushing him into the stove. He yelped.

"JESUS CHRIST!" he started laughing and ran,as I chased him all through the house. I couldn't believe it! He was inviting some f****n' random guy over here? I told him I didn't want another boyfriend!

"You better go get ready,you only have...30 minutes now." he laughed as he looked at the huge clock on the wall.We'd been chasing each other around for half an hour?!

"God.No." he pushed me up the staircase,or tried,until he had to pick me up.He threw me on my bed and shut the door. 

"Get ready!" he chuckled as he walked back down the stairs. What,like a door was going to stop me? I tried to open it,but couldn't. What had he done?

I sighed and walked across my room to my large closet. I decided on dark skinny jeans and a soft,white, fitted v-neck sweater,with a black cami underneath.I straightened my hair,curling my sideswept bangs away from my right eye. I didn't need any makeup,so I just went to my bathroom and washed my face,putting on a teeny bit of blush and brushing my teeth. I looked good,for a rainy Saturday.

"Let me out!" I yelled. Zac came up the stairs and opened the door. I looked to see what had stopped me from getting out,and nothing was there.

"What the...."

"It's a mind trick.You thought you could get out,but you tried,and tricked yourself into thinking I'm really smarter than I am,and locked you in.You could have gotten out at any time..." he laughed and I punched him,going down the stairs.

"I can't believe your doing this.Why?"

"Because,this certain guy has had his mind on you for months." he stopped as we got the last step,and I stared at him.

"What?"

"You heard me.He likes-no-loves you." he shrugged and smiled slightly.

"I don't even know a-" I started to say,but the doorbell rang and I ran into the living room,too scared to look at this new guy.

"Hey! Throw your jacket over there,man." my brother opened the door and led some guy into the living room.I was nervous,but I didn't show it. I stood up off the couch.

"This is Drew,and Drew,this is my sister Zoey,which you already know that." he grinned and Drew blushed. 

He was gorgeous. My heart started beating faster as I stared at him,averting my eyes when he looked up.

He had perfectly straight black hair,some of it in his eyes,which looked green,but I couldn't tell from where I was standing. He was very pale,the same color as my brother and I. His lips were so dark and red,I could have sworn he'd painted them on,they were so...perfect. Zac watched my face and started smiling.

"Hey." was all I said. I didn't know what else to do. He nodded at me and looked at Zac. I sat back down and tried to slow my heart.Why was this happening? I had a boyfriend,even though I didn't love him,I was faithful to him,at LEAST. 

Flipping on the tv,Zac sat on one side,leaving my other side empty. Drew sat down beside me and smiled a little,blushing again. If my brother was right...this guy had it bad for me. Which,I hoped he wasn't right.Because I didn't need another guy in my life.

We watched some movie for a while,talking in between commercials,since no one felt like fast forwarding through them. Drew had a soft,deep voice. He seemed really shy. 

"I'm thirsty.You guys want anything?" Zac stood up. 

"Water." Drew and I said at the same time. I looked down as he said it,smiling slightly. I couldn't look right at him,although I was dying to. 

"Okay then..." Zac walked into the kitchen,making this situation even more awkward. My cell phone in my pocket vibrated,and I pulled it out,groaning when I saw his name. I hit ignore and Drew looked at me quizzically.

"It's Brent. He's annoying the s**t out of me." I tossed my phone onto a white leather chair beside us,and Drew nodded,not saying anything.

"This is...,"

"Awkward." he finished for me,laughing.

"I'm sorry,I just don't..um." I shrugged as I was found at a loss for words. He smiled at me,his eyes sparkling. I saw now that they were a vivid green,with blue and gold flecks around them. 

"Is there,something...on me?" he said quietly. I shook my head.

"Your eyes,that's all.They're really pretty." I nearly whispered. He smiled at me.

"Not anywhere near yours,though." he said as my brother walked in. He raised his eyebrows at me,smiling as he handed us our drinks.We went back to watching the movie.Once when I leaned forward to get my glass,he did too.His hand was burning up.I pulled my hand back quickly after taking a sip of water. He didn't seem to realize I'd touched him.

Not that I wanted to do it a million times in a million ways....or anything...

Um.

When the movie was over,Zac got a call from his current girlfriend,and went out of the room.I bet anything he was lying. Drew studied me silently,and I looked away,not able to turn towards him.

"Your brother said Brent was an a*s?" he finally said. I laughed and nodded.

"How much of one?" he asked. I shrugged.

"He's the typical jock,nothing like me at all.I don't like him anymore,I really never did." I said. Wow,Zoey,an actual sentence.Drew laughed quietly.

"I've seen him around." he said.

"Why have I never seen you?" I asked. His mouth opened a little,and he shrugged.

"I've seen you." he said. I smiled. God,how must my face look right now?! When I looked up,Drew spoke again.

"Your unhappy." he said it as a statement.

"Not really." I said.

"I mean about him.Why don't you just get it over with and tell him you don't like him?" he said it bluntly.

"Because,I just...I am soon. I know that much. I just can't focus on a guy right now,I have to bring my grades up a bit." I said quietly. Great,now I sounded like a bookworm.

"Sounds like a decent excuse...but there's something else,I can tell." he turned towards me all the way. All I had to do was reach out and-
I pushed the thoughts out of my mind.

"Not really,other than we're too different. He keeps..imagining us together forever,and...I just don't. I don't want to be with him,but I don't want to hurt him too badly." I said,sighing. Drew nodded. I didn't know what to say for a moment.

"Change of subject..." he suddenly said,laughing. I nodded.

"What are you planning on doing after this summer?" he asked.

"College,I guess.I thought I knew what I wanted,but I really don't anymore," he nodded.

"Same here."

"What do you like to do that you can picture yourself doing in the future?" I asked him. 

"Art,or music."

"What kinds?"

"Photography or painting,and for music...I'm open to acoustic,metal,and alternative only." he smiled and laughed.

"That's all I listen to," I said. 

The more I talked to him,the more I liked him.He was getting easier to be around,I found out. He had a little baby sister,which he usually had to take care of when his mom was at work. His dad had died when he was 3.I felt bad when he told me this,because I barely ever got along with mine. He liked spending time alone alot,unless he really liked a person. He smiled at me when he said that,which made me happy.

I could actually picture myself loving Drew,which I hated to admit to myself. This wasn't what I needed.But I wanted it.So,so badly. Zac never came back in,and eventually Drew and I decided we'd go outside on a walk,even though it was still drizzling. He pulled on his jacket,pulling his hood up over his head,waiting for me to get my black flats on before opening the door for me. There was nothing sweeter than a guy with manners...NO ZOEY.

We walked down the streets in my neighboorhood,talking about everything that popped into our heads.When the subject of Brent came back up,I wasn't so nervous.

"Have you ever thought you'd be happier with someone else?" he asked.

"Yeah.I have,alot. Zac keeps bringing it up...but.." I shrugged. He was so close to me,I could feel how warm he was.

"Your brother's right,you know. If you found someone that was more like you,you'd be happier." I knew exactly what he was getting at,but I didn't know what to say. 

"I know that.Right now...I just don't think I'll find the right person that will be willing to put up with how paranoid I am about life after high school.I really just don't picture myself with the right person." I didn't want to give him the wrong idea,but I didn't want to make him think I would be better off with him,even though I probably would,for the simple reason that I didn't want to get hurt.

I had a huge fear,like every other girl,that I'd get my heart broken.

We went everywhere in the neighboorhood that I could think of,without going anywhere more than 3 times. I didn't want to go home. I didn't want to leave Drew at all. What I wanted was for him to just kiss me and-

His voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Look." he pointed up at the sky. It had started snowing. It was normal,we always got snow this early. But it just seemed perfect. 

I touched my hair,it was  damp with snow. He reached up to my face,brushing a strand of hair away. He smiled shyly,and I closed my eyes,turning my face up to the sky. It was the happiest I'd been in a while,and I didn't want it to stop. 

Before we knew it,it was coming down hard. Apparently the storm wasn't over. We were aways away from my house,and it would be worse if we tried to get home by running. Silently,Drew held my hand as we slowly walked under the trees near the sidewalks,all the way home. By the time we reached my front door,snow covered my hair and his jacket,and I was freezing cold. It was already three in the evening,and my parents would be home soon,or not,depending on the storm.

"I should probably go...your brother said your parents would be coming soon." he touched my face. I held his hand tighter without thinking and he smiled. I groaned inside. I couldn't do this...

"They'll probably be late." I said. He nodded,and leaned down,kissing my lips softly.I gasped quietly and he smiled again,squeezing my hand one more time.

"I'll see you tomorrow,okay?" he said. I nodded and waved as he walked down the street. 

This was wrong. He knew I had a boyfriend...yet he kissed me. 

I loved it.
 


© 2009 brookedasright


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks:D Glad to be an exception!:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is a good story...I usually don't read chapters though lol just poetry mostly =]

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 15, 2009
Last Updated on November 15, 2009


Author

brookedasright
brookedasright

United Kingdom



About
You will never find a person quite like me.I am an aspiring author and photographer,I look for the small things to enlighten me. I live for happiness,my friends,and family.Music is always playing arou.. more..

Writing
Storm. Storm.

A Chapter by brookedasright


Break-up. Break-up.

A Chapter by brookedasright