CHAPTER FIVE - BED MAKING

CHAPTER FIVE - BED MAKING

A Chapter by GeeJay
"

"You've taken your first step into a larger world". Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi to Luke Skywalker STAR WARS - Episode IV: A NEW HOPE

"

Chapter 5

Survival Tip #3: Bed Making

 

      It is starting to come together now, isn’t it?  You probably felt your days of breakfast at home were a thing of the past.  Now, the “Obstacle Course”, the “2x4 “, “8x8”, “Piece Meal” and “Dress Express” Techniques have put you in control of your hectic schedules and get you to work or school on time.  At least, that is my hope.

 

      Now, truly, I understand that the greatest drudgery in the world is how to pick up in the morning.  You say that you’re doing good just by getting up in the morning and getting ready on time, right? Now, here I come talkin’ about making up the bed, picking up your place? You quote a line from INXS’ hit “Need You Tonight” by saying “The 20 Century was yesterday”, right?   You say ‘Get current, man’  Well, now that I have your attention, let me begin by saying, “Oh, but I am current.  And I have perfect solutions for you, the 21st-Century person, you.  Wanna hear it?  Here it go…..

 

      When you do decide to wake up, don’t do your usual “roll-out-of-bed-and-hit-the-floor-because-you-forgot-your-bed-stands-2-feet-tall-off-the-floor” routine.  Line up the top corners of your sheet with the corners of your blanket/comforter while kicking the rest of the sheet down to the foot of the bed at the same time.  Then – here comes the fun part – while keeping the sheet and blanket/comforter lined up as best you can, work your way out of the bed, go to the foot of the bed, line up the corners.  Just like your clothes, bed covers are flat.  So, line up them corners and be done with it!!  If you like to fold the sheet at the top or tuck it under the pillows, that’s after you have showered, shampooed and shined!!




© 2008 GeeJay


Author's Note

GeeJay
Incorrect grammar is intentional

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on March 31, 2008