Humans.

Humans.

A Chapter by Brynn White

Humans. 

Full of ideas, talents, and incredible abilities, are also vessels of doubt, laziness, sadness, boredom, and vanity. I don't think they chose these qualities for themselves, but they nevertheless prosper, and suffer, more than any other species in our known universe.
As an apparent result of all the above listed qualities, they constantly contemplated ways to improve their already great existence.

The more intelligent and inventive of the species created things for this purpose. Device that assisted communication and design, apparatuses which enhanced vision, hearing, and speech, and chemicals intended to improve/alter moods and feelings. There were even products to modify their living bodies!
After many years, these 'inventions' became nearly obsolete because the humans, as a direct result of their very nature, desired more. See, the need for constant improvement and progression was, in my opinion, the humans' greatest flaw of all.
One Tuesday in 2047, the best scientists and inventors of the world were gathered, lectured, and commissioned to come up with the greatest invention yet. To help ease the pressure of these demands, great compensation was promised: riches beyond their wildest dreams. So, they began to work...

This is the story of the resulting creations, and the most interesting, unique, and undoubtedly the oddest factory in the history of all histories. (This story may not be as gloomy as you first thought).




© 2014 Brynn White


Author's Note

Brynn White
This is a very rough, first draft of ideas. THIS STORY IS NO WHERE NEAR COMPLETE. Also, it will be illustrated! Please critique accordingly. All comments/suggestions are welcome and appreciated!
The blank (____) spaces are waiting for facts and names, I need to know how to structure this better and where to go from here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 24, 2014
Last Updated on January 25, 2014


Author

Brynn White
Brynn White

Austin, TX



About
I am an artist to the core (graphics, painting, crafts, etc), and have been writing (on and off) since I was a child. I've recently started writing again, and would mostly like for others to give thei.. more..

Writing