The island.

The island.

A Chapter by Brynn White

Somewhere in an uncharted portion of the Pacific Ocean, an island is erected. Yes, erected. Constructed almost overnight, it is beyond majestic. It was as large as (country or something), and with the most diverse landscape imaginable. This was intentional, of course... 
On this island, crews constructed a factory that outdid any other, in every way. It would be larger than (insert large place here), with hundreds of warehouses, towers, galleries, gardens, and rooms that even the construction crew were unaware of. Not that it is at all relevant, but this majestic factory was completed in a mere 7 years and 12 days. 
The day after completion, the workers started arriving by boat, of course. Only one boat was allowed access to ______ island at this time, so it took quite a while to transport __#___ scientists, artists, and laborers to their new home. The living quarters were arguably nicer than the W hotel, so no complaints thus far. 

(Allow me to clarify something now: The employees were not unaware of their location, jobs, or the agenda as a whole.) I will save the describing of this 'place' in every detail, as that is not nearly the best part of this tale. 

On day one, a Monday to be exact, the factory began humming and moving, as if a button were pushed to give it its own life. The scientists, the artists, the engineers, and (of course), the management, were ready in their perspective stations. No one had ever seen so many people so very excited to be at work in a factory. 



© 2014 Brynn White


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on January 25, 2014
Last Updated on January 25, 2014


Author

Brynn White
Brynn White

Austin, TX



About
I am an artist to the core (graphics, painting, crafts, etc), and have been writing (on and off) since I was a child. I've recently started writing again, and would mostly like for others to give thei.. more..

Writing