13.) Dream Tides

13.) Dream Tides

A Chapter by careyXcarnage

Running.

Running.

Falling.

Gasping.

Turning to my side.

Vomiting.

 

I have these dreams a lot lately. They are so real that when I wake up I run to my bathroom, slam into the toilet, and puke. I didn't know what I was running from, until last night.

 

I was running again, and this time I looked back no matter how hard I had to try, I had to see what I was running from. What I saw was a beautiful girl, dressed in a pink silk top, with black shaggy hair. Where had I seen this girl before? I asked my subconsious mind. I couldn't put my finger on it. I woke and ran to the bathroom expecting to vomit violently as I had every night during the past month. Nothing. I didn't even feel queasy, but I got up and went to the bathroom anyway.

"Huh?" I moved my shoulder up and down in a shrug to myself as if answering my own question.

A couple of months passed uneventfully, without dreams, without excitment. I was dredging through my life again. Living each day in the soul-less monotony that is.

Then my dreams started again, but they were now beautiful.

In my new dreams there was a girl. Sitting alone on a park swing, with another one, empty, beside her. She twists around in circles, twists up the chain that is holding up the delicate looking swings. When the chain is thoroughly twisted, she lifts her legs up, and spins wildly. Her hair, long and golden, seems to be the wind surrounding her, and encases her in a yellow-gold light, like an aura. When she is done spinning she lets a soft laugh, musical it is, slip from in between two plump red lips, with some kind of shade put on them to enhance their softness. Her piercing blue eyes, looked at my soul. I looked into her smoldering stare and noticed two things. The first was that her eyeshad depth. Too much depth. The second was that when I saw my face, I was beautiful, but older somehow. This girl with the musical laugh, red plumpl lips, and deep blue eyes which I now took note had green and yellow flecks around the edges looked to be around twenty-three, but I looked twenty-five or twenty-eight. I wa gorgeous, though she was far for breathtaking. I held her gaze and went to sit beside her on the swings. I dusted some stray leaves and dirt off of the empty seat, and sat down. I try to talk to her, but the same thin happens every time.

"Hello," I say, and put ot my hand to shake. "I'm Cara. What is your name?"

She looks at me with so much pain in her eyes, that I start to cry, and then I wake up crying and lying in the fetal position. I have named her Laura--Laura Chim. I don't know why, but she reminds me of someone that would be named Laura Chim, so I call these the Laura Chim Dreams.

"And again I dream of Manderly...''

I thought of the quote I had read long ago in hig school, and couldn't remember the name.

"Ahh, It'll come to me later." I said. Then I said, "Laura, where are you?"



© 2010 careyXcarnage


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just so everyone knows, i wrote this fairly late at night.
It has a lot o spelling and grammatical errors.


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on January 15, 2009
Last Updated on February 17, 2010