9.) Pixie, Pixie

9.) Pixie, Pixie

A Chapter by careyXcarnage

Mitchie seemed to be in deep thought, but she was looking straight into my eyes--as if searching into my soul. My sister told me when I was little that I should say nonsense words in my head when someone did that, to hide what my mind was saying. That was the year my sister died.

 

My sister was a saint. I was nine when she started to get sick--that was nine years ago. She had dark cocoa colored skin and red hair. She ws the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, and I loved her more than anything. Her name was Rochticci Beauregard, I hated that last name. It reminded me of my father. My father left us after I was born, because my Amma wanted for him to let us move to a safer part of town, and for him to get a job. My father refused, and left. Fortunately he wasn't a violent man--most of the time. That's why it hurt me so much to see Mitchie's father beat her like that, but Rochticci was nothing like my dad. She was kind and gentle, and she always smelled like peppermint--even after excersising. She always gave me hugs and kisses, and kept me from crying.

She would always sing to me, "Pixie, Pixie, from far away skies. Pixie, Pixie, look into my eyes. Pixie, Pixie, I love to much. Pixie, Pixie, I am your crutch. Lean on me when you can't stand, I will always be holding your hand.Pixie, Pixie, from far away skies. Pixie, Pixie, look into my eyes."  I loved when she sang that song to me. She had a voice to make a nighting gale jealous.

My sister was fourteen when she died of cancer. It spread before we could get her treatment, and we couldn't afford her treatment anyway. She died July eleventh, nineteen ninety-nine. I was giving her a kiss on the cheek when she said, "I will always love you Pixie, see you around." and took her last breath. I lay on the bad beside her for hours, until Amma sat on the edge of the bed and cried silently.

Mitchie was sitting right where I remember Amma sitting, crying silently, and looking at her hands. She had a small necklace draped through her fingers, with a beautiful knot elegently tied on the charm. She gave the knot a soft kiss, as if were going to break, and put the necklace around my neck. She left and didn't say a word.



© 2008 careyXcarnage


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awwww.... this is soooo sad.... *tear* i really wanna know what happens next


Posted 15 Years Ago


That is soo sad... I have nothing


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 20, 2008



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Defect Defect

A Poem by careyXcarnage