16.) Last Days at the Hospital

16.) Last Days at the Hospital

A Chapter by careyXcarnage

After I was staying awake at noral hours, they kept me in the hospital a few more days...just to be sure everything was alright. Of course Mitchie, my Mitchie was there the whole time. Waiting, watching, seeming to be carved in stone. She hardly spoke the whole time we were there. When Amma came in while I was awake, and Mitchie wasn't there I struck up a conversation.

"Mom, remember when I asked if Mitchie could live with us for  little while? Is that still valid?"

"How many times do I have to tell you darling. Mom sounds so oppressive and old fashoined. I'm Amma. But yes, it's still valid. I'd say its reasonable considering she drove you to the hospital." She smiled. Amma really likes Mitchie.

"Oh god Mo--Amma, thank you so much! Mitchie was actually going to live in a motel! She has money, and I think she is going to put it in an account. She won't mooch. I know how you hate moochers."

She laughed a bit. "Moochers are okay if they are nice and sweet like Mitchie hun. Now get some rest. Your being discharged in a couple of days, and I want you and Mitchie to be energetic when you come home."

I decided she was right, and drifted to sleep. I dreamt of Vanilla-Vanille, pale skin, and black hair that night.

 

The next day, I was allowed to stand and walk to the bathroom. It was lovely not having a bedpan as your best friend. I also got to take a shower for the first time in god knows how long.

I stumbled as I walked past my bed, until Mitchie got up and grabbed me. My leg muscles apparently had deteriorated to a degree. I was wobbly, like a childs toy on Christmas morning, but I didn't care. I wanted my long deserved shower. But apparently I wasn't allowed that either. I had to settle for a bath. Mitchie helped me undress and eased me into the tub of water. I tried to be modest, but she didn't seem to mind. My mother laughed at us, calling us lovebirds, and other silly names. My bath was warm and bubbly. Enough bubbles so that my chest was hidden enough I could ask Mitchie to stay and chat with me.



© 2009 careyXcarnage


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on July 1, 2009
Last Updated on July 7, 2009