Love's Legacy

Love's Legacy

A Poem by Chris Shaw

How fleeting is the comet's flare
which trails ablaze through dark night sky?
How swiftly moves our time on earth
before we part with sad goodbyes?
And in-between, what does it mean?
It all concerns the seeds we sow.
For love and love alone ensures
the worth of all we choose to grow.

© 2019 Chris Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The theme of your poem is a "hobby horse" of mine. It's not only the fantasy of poets that love is the greatest force there is, but an actual reality.
The comet, its trail, and the seeds are all great metaphors. The tone of the poem is also one of its strengths - in my opinion. The quiet recognition of the brevity of life, and its acceptance are no small feats. However, we won't really disappear without a trace if we plant and grow with love.

Posted 3 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

3 Years Ago

Many thanks Laz for stopping by. Appreciating your thoughts.

Chris



Reviews

I have read much of your work, and find your words very compelling. Yet this short piece is, in my humble opinion, your best. You captrue so much, with so few words - the hallmark of a real poet. Your works are sheer quality.

This speaks a resounding simple truth that, sadly escapes the world's frantically busy poulations.

I agree, I wholeheartedly agree.

I wsih you peace.

moomin

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Dear Moomin, your visit and response very much appreciated. Thank you so much for your encouragement.. read more
For those who believe, I daresay aye.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Thank you Ayria. Your visit and thoughts most welcome.

Chris
Aurora

4 Years Ago

Aurora, a nit-pick alert. :)
Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Please forgive typos. Using my phone and the print is small :)
Yes. yes and yes. Love the flowing of this beautiful piece of poetry. Love is the only reality that will prevail. All the rest is a painful illusion.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Many thanks for your visit and your thoughts. Much appreciated Shandra.

Chris
I was realizing the other day how quickly our legacy can fade while considering the loss of both my mother and my father. And yet, in the now we find endless moments where we can love, and impact the not yet with every possible joy. Thank you for this poem that helps us keep our focus on what really matters in this life... so fleeting.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Many thanks Craig for sharing your thoughts and for your visit here. Most appreciated.

.. read more
There's so much packed in here! Stunning. Your writing leaves me feeling like I have the answer by asking myself more questions. Great work!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Thank you for your visit. I truly appreciate your response. You are most welcome here.

.. read more
Lovely write and beautiful flow ;-]

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Thank you Weeping willow for your thoughts. Your visit most appreciated.

Chris
The seeds we sow ~ how they grow...depends on our individual take on life. For me the saying,"if you could live your life again what would you change?' I'd say emphatically - nothing! With all the ups and downs life has been good. Your poem has brought home how lucky I have been. Thank you.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Dear kitty, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I am so pleased that life has been good to .. read more
kitty

4 Years Ago

You are most heartily welcome! Hope the weather stays good your side!
Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Not up to much today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow :)
Short but sweet, very sweet! A little poem that gives both joy and sadness, but more joy than sadness.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much Nolo. So pleased for your visit. All good wishes.

Chris
This is a wonderful ode to love!
'For love and love alone ensures
the worth of all we choose to grow.'

Well done

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Many thanks BlackPrince for your visit. Most appreciated.

Chris
We reap what we sow. We must plant love and leave a legacy for others to enjoy. Your wisdom is surpassing and encompassing. We grow with love and diminish with hate.
Marvelous you.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

You are welcome muchly. Have a good day.
Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

And you too :)
Sami Khalil

4 Years Ago

::::: )))))))))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1058 Views
54 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 22, 2019
Last Updated on May 25, 2019

Author

Chris Shaw
Chris Shaw

Berkshire, United Kingdom



About
Albert, my paternal grandfather introduced me to Tennyson when I was nine. I have loved poetry ever since but did not attempt writing a single piece until I was 40. It's never too late to try somethin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..