Gifting

Gifting

A Poem by Chris Shaw
"

(For Jacob facing heart surgery today, Neville raising funds for his very poorly young niece and any other of my poetry friends in need of special thoughts, they are yours)

"
calm the lake this winter morning
low the stare of watery sun
regal are the six swans gliding
graceful willow trees glance on
for my friends my thoughts are given
for the trials that they might face
on their days throughout their living
grant them wisdom strength and faith

© 2023 Chris Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

“for my friends my thoughts are given
for the trials that they might face “
How beautiful and compassionate your thoughts and words are dear Chris. I will join and say amen to their serenity and healing energy. Praying for all here whom you have caringly dedicated this beautifully written work. Thank you.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Thank you Annette for your visit and your thoughtful review. All good wishes to you.

.. read more



Reviews

I hope we all lift up in prayer equal gifts of love. Wishing for Jacob the very best and a speedy recovery.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Thank you Linda. Wishing him a speedy recovery. I appreciate your words.

Chris
A lovely poem that speaks prayer like to the heart. That calls to our better nature and hopes towards perseverance throughout difficult times. The defining qualities that make us human vary but none more vital than our compassion towards one another. Love will always exist in the world as long as one person still breathes.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Thank you kindly for checking in and leaving your thoughts.

Chris
Carlos Lorenzo Estrada

1 Year Ago

You are very welcome Chris. It is a moving piece of poetry. Old friends are never old but simply lo.. read more
Beautiful Chris
Truly a very special write
Yes I read he closed his account while in hospital I hope his operation goes perfect and he recovers well we miss him at the cafe !

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Many thank yous Julie. I appreciate you.

Chris
Wow! I had no idea. Thank you for relaying this info as I was deep in the burrows and bonds of the mountains but yes to our professor, poet, and friend absolutely!! Wishes, prayers, and more!
Within this poem, you took me outside into the light as into the stairwell and started climbing, fearlessly into the darkness, doing so and pouring all and more for the many friends and long-term sufferers (humans really) and in the images of your morning sun and willow...I am standing right beside you on this one. Appreciations!...Perdition!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much for checking in and leaving a review. All good wishes.

Chris
Maybe the gift could be a down fall or s blessing but to see it, is a blessing.
Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Thank you Mauricio. Blessings intended here. Wisdom, strength and faith all needed to face the diffi.. read more
Mauricio Montoya

1 Year Ago

Thank you for sharing this and many blessings to you.
what a splendid gift Chris. J is in our thoughts

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Thank you Ken. I appreciate you checking in.

Chris
Wonderful expressions flow through your words, love the line--regal are the six swans gliding, graceful willow trees glance on. ;-] Nice

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much Weeping willow for your thoughtful review. Have a good Saturday.

C.. read more
The poem opens with a soothing description of a lake on a winter morning, then turns to thoughts of our fellow writers who are facing trials. This is a fine offering for people whose work I have enjoyed. Let my thoughts join with yours in wishing them safe passage through their dangers.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Thank you John. I appreciate your visit and review.

Chris
We are family here, and Jacob is our patriarch - if ever there was one. As beautiful and as poignant as this poem is by Chris, may it remind us one and all of the power of prayer! Please pray for Jacob.



Posted 1 Year Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Thank you Kelly. I’m sure many of us will pray for Jacob and wish him a speedy recovery over the c.. read more
A lovely and special poem to your friends (I hope some at the Cafe) and what could be better said than the peaceful swans on a quiet lake with willow trees showing off their reflection in the ripples....an up beat piece which warms my heart and makes me smile. There is a lake nearby our house with white swans that
one could stare at for hours and meditate. All of us need wisdom and strength at times. Thanks for sharing Chris.
Your good friend, B.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Thank you Betty. I appreciate your kind review.

Chris

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

466 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2023
Last Updated on January 13, 2023

Author

Chris Shaw
Chris Shaw

Berkshire, United Kingdom



About
Albert, my paternal grandfather introduced me to Tennyson when I was nine. I have loved poetry ever since but did not attempt writing a single piece until I was 40. It's never too late to try somethin.. more..

Writing
My love My love

A Poem by Chris Shaw



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..