Felt

Felt

A Poem by Chris Shaw
"

(A recent dream while suffering from COVID)

"
there were no cathedrals
domes or church spires
or even heavenly choirs
while i dreamed in the clutch
of COVID

yet there was peace
a blinding flashing of lights
against the backdrop of a
vast ebon sky

and there was singing too
a song of eternal love
emanating from the presence
of a pulsating brightness

a voice not recognized
mesmerized me it did
no doubt that it was my song
lyrics written for me and me
alone

brimful was I to overflowing
knowing that i had lived
and there was love from another
to the depths and heights
of the unknown

my poet’s mind wanders
runs wild and free
no big deal
though the tears left on
my pillow on waking
were no figment of imagination
they were real


© 2023 Chris Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Right Chris, you are starting to freak me out!
I just read Vol's in the light, which I reviewed with memories of covid days and the peace I found within its chaos. There's even another kowinkidink before that, but I'll stick to the script for once and tell you about that another time.
LOCK down brought me peace too, which sounds almost like blasphemy when you consider all the Chao and loss of life involved. But that calm saved me from my own thoughts, which were moving through my mind at such speed, that they were impossible to ponder without twelve more gatecrashing your thoughts.
I too remember the good it brought, people I hadn't spoken to in a while, enjoying solitude and most especially, the excuse to be alone and not feel bad about it.
Then of course there was the "in it together" attitude of helping people out and doing things for others that Brought community spirit back into play, in this quite rural and separated community.
There was looking out for people again trending and even a call or email to make sure all was well and checking they got what they needed.
But best of all was, that after the dangers were over, the smiles came back and people started chatting again. And not only that, but a lot of the good to come from it continues to this day, and the world is a better place for it.
We lost so much during that time, none more so than our independence, but we gained so much too.
Beautifully written and felt.


Posted 7 Months Ago


Chris Shaw

7 Months Ago

Dear Lorry. I was talking to my granddaughter Beth about lockdown. She is 23. She said the same as y.. read more
Having dreams like this "while suffering" are a sign of thru artist! Absolute delight, Chris!

Posted 7 Months Ago


Chris Shaw

7 Months Ago

Thank you Alla. I appreciate your visit and kind words. All the best.

Chris
Perhaps Felt is a place. Somewhere where there is nothing but feeling. The ground we would stand on is song. Stepping up the staff on notes to reach the heights you write of. It does rain there though ... rains tears. Dreams are amazing, confusing and intriguing.

Posted 7 Months Ago


This rings very true. The fear of the unknown and the battle between another day, or a comforting demise. The pandemic made things real, super fast. And the ones we once held as heroes turned out to be human at best and our heroes were replaced by friends, family even if by text or zoom and of course our words that are so important even now. Wonderful.

Posted 7 Months Ago


Chris Shaw

7 Months Ago

Thank you Crowley. I appreciate your thoughts and your visit. Have a great Tuesday.

.. read more
Interesting piece combining many layers used and commented on well. So that the reader can approach all according to experience. Which is the essence of good poetry.

Posted 7 Months Ago


Chris Shaw

7 Months Ago

Many thanks Ken for your encouragement. All the best.

Chris
Excellent imagination. Nice lines. Enjoyed reading 🙂

Posted 7 Months Ago


Chris Shaw

7 Months Ago

Thank you Arundass for your thoughts. Much appreciated.

Chris

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

465 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 30, 2023
Last Updated on September 30, 2023

Author

Chris Shaw
Chris Shaw

Berkshire, United Kingdom



About
Albert, my paternal grandfather introduced me to Tennyson when I was nine. I have loved poetry ever since but did not attempt writing a single piece until I was 40. It's never too late to try somethin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..