Childhood

Childhood

A Chapter by Celestia

Lexi grew up as the weakling in her family.
Always getting into fights, always in pain.
Abused, with bruises and red marks.

One knocked on the door of her trailer the day after her tenth birthday.
Lexi opened it. Barefoot, with a bloody nose and black eye, the girl didn't look like much.
One crouched down to her eye level. "Lexi. Would you like a new life?"
Lexi nodded. "Who are you?"
"I'm One. And this is Harmony," she said, gesturing to the dark-haired girl standing behind her. "We're her to take you to a new land. One where you'll be happy." One smiled. "Want to come?"
"Do I have to ask... uh, my mom?" Lexi whispered.
"No," said One. "She's been drinking. I don't want you to be hurt."
Lexi's eyes lit up. "You mean that?"
"Honey, of course. We're the peacemakers of the world." One pulled something out of her hoodie pocket. It was a simple leather choker, with a small silver bead on it. On the bead was the etching of a heart. She put it on Lexi.
Lexi saw white. Her hair shrunk back to three inches, and her skin cleared. Her eyes turned a pale yellow, and the blood evaporated. She looked down at herself. "What happened?"
"She put on your Amulet." Harmony said. "Use your powers for good, not evil."
"Powers?" gasped Lexi. She looked at her hands. "What can I do?"
Harmony laughed. "Once we get to the Palace, I'll tell you."
And she opened a Portal.
Lexi walked into the Land Behind the Cloud with fire in her eyes and love in her heart.
She had no idea that the future would be so horrible.


© 2015 Celestia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

**Stroking chin in curiosity** yes, I am reading on

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 17, 2015
Last Updated on March 17, 2015


Author

Celestia
Celestia

Maple Valley, WA



About
Male pronouns please! :3 Thank you αωαя∂ѕ- ∂єѕ¢яιρтινє αи∂ ρσωє.. more..

Writing
Trixie Trixie

A Story by Celestia


Bulletproof Bulletproof

A Story by Celestia