Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Scarlet wrists...

Scarlet wrists...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

For a friend who was cut...

"

 

 

Scarlet wrists and azure eyes

Bleeding lips tell bloody lies

My words to seal your painful scars

Your eyes to gaze at golden stars

Within the passages of night

Your heart will be like candlelight

And true to life will be your soul

To sever chains and make you whole

In darkest water did you sleep

And crystal tears in shadows weep

Your life was chained to stone and steel

Now take my hand and you will heal

Your onyx hair stroked crimson bold

Your soul more beautiful than gold

More lasting than a sunset sky

More fragile than a butterfly

Your precious heart grows stronger still

And in the end will move your will

To rise above the losting world

Of castles built with jewels and pearls

And on that day shall you go forth

So strong in spirit to the north...

 

 

 

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I take from this that no matter what happens to us or what we do to ourselves, there is a place inside of us that can rise stronger and those scars are a reminder of our battle wounds. We are warriors in Spirit, fighting against all that weighs us down and shackles us.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An owl on the moon

10 Years Ago

Your comments are so perfect... so profound and powerful, dearest friend... Yes, I rose above the fl.. read more



Reviews

this was insanely lovely. i thoought it was perfect and romantic and honest in the most beautiful of ways. great write!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I feel we will never see what others see in us. Your words guided me very fluid through your poem. Very lovely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very lovely and touching story. You do such a terrific job of maintaining the rhyme without sacrificing content. In other words, it never feels like you chose a lesser word just because it rhymed with the one above. I love the recognition of the pain that seemed to drive the other person to an attempted suicide. It shows empathy rather than judgement, and that type of friendship is just what the other person needs to heal. Just beautiful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is up to your usual brilliant standard Craig, your rhyme is sublime...cha-cha-cha...sorry! I loved the sentiments in this piece, you express the healing power of true love and hellish pain so very well.
Kudos from me...
Cheers,
Helen :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



(To rise above the losting world)

I assume this should read: "losing" not--losting...

Other than that, the piece itself is lovely. To share your strength uniting two souls into one---is the most beautiful thought, and I believe it is what we as humans search and strive for in this world. To love another enough to absorb their pain as your own, is true love. These are lovely words, Craig.

God Bless,

Imogean~


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your eyes contain both sea and sky;
In your deep gaze I'm drifting by.

Lovely rhyme and rhythm. As for myself, I am beginning to wonder if such a thing is possible. To have a safe haven to heal in through another is but a dream.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Magnificent Craig, the rhyme flows so very naturally that it's a soothing read, just as the words are meant to sooth someone going through pain and telling them they mean something to you. Great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is beautiful. The pain of the beginning softly melds into a supplemented tryst into more joyful times. It offers hope so softly....beautifully done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AGAIN I LOVE YOUR WRITING!
IT'S LIKE A VIVID COLURFUL DREAM!
WELL WRITTEN KEEP IT UP X

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a lovely write, however it might just be my own perception (which is often skewed)
But the opening lines...

"Scarlet wrists and azure eyes
Bleeding lips tell bloody lies
My lips to seal your painful scars"

It opens with pain, and moving into the second line the subject is not very clear. Whos lips are telling bloody lies? The way it reads it can be taken that the offer of comfort is little more than a lie, because you move from lies to the personification of owning those lips to seal scars. This at least to me moves all the loveliness beyond these three lines to something completely inconsequential perhaps empty. That second line to me at least steals the whole poem, nullifying any friendly or caring intent no matter how superficial. Sooorrrry, its just the way I read it, I have stopped by numerous times just to see if my perception changes but it hasn't.

still it is a lovely write.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2147 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on June 7, 2008
Last Updated on November 5, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..