Afraid to be Alone

Afraid to be Alone

A Poem by Tenten

 

I’m afraid to be alone

The silence can be cold

An unwelcoming friend

Who whispers hurtful words

Repeated so often

They become restless sleep nightmares

I can lose base on which are truth

Existence morphs to an easy manipulated life

Lonely comes close

To the being alone nights

Creeping into heart, breathing no more

Sleep offers no peace

Leaving pieces of me in tangled webs

Of reoccurring themes

 

© 2008 Tenten


Author's Note

Tenten
Cp. 10:??AM Mon 05/05/08 NM words (Written, New Word)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sleep offers no peace
Leaving pieces of me in tangled webs
Of reoccurring themes

I like your description of dreams. Loneliness its the pits. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a sharp edged write for sure. It's making my eyes bleed ... so many dead-on words laced together so eloquently. My gosh...it's hard to breathe in here, Tenten! This cries out like a lone wolf piercing the silent night and shattering the thin veil of hope. Excellent work. And yes....you should not keep new works from us!! Genius, absolute. (((hugs)))

Posted 15 Years Ago


i like this poem. the fluidity works well, and i see how that can support the emotional input, escalating it to a higher level. its not frantic or horrified, but yet fear is still the feeling which fuels the quality of this poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this piece, it's a dark write and it seemed to flow quite well. Being alone can be awful sometimes. But in times being alone can make you grow stronger. It helps you realize who you are as an individual. I know from experience. I think almost anyone can relate to this poem... we're all scared to be alone... Good job :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I am sure it is sad to be alone; but is anyone really? Alone, I mean truly alone...

Posted 15 Years Ago


Sigh... uggh... my friend. MY friend. This troubles my spirit. In that sense, this poem is very effective... it is an amazing outpouring of emotion, what most people hold inside. BUT, troubling because it reveals that which we all try to make pretend doesn't exist. Your poems are deep and the content invaluable; your pen knowns no bounds... that's what I have always like about your poems. Why havent I read more of your poems? Because I can be selfish and self centered... bottom line. Not intentional.. I just get caught up in my own pain and tend to crawl into my shell. Your words, more than once, have talked me out of that place. I keep returning to the line: "I can lose base on which are truth". Uggh...wow... really... I know, its so easy to get lost and difficult to separate the lies from the truth. You have a big heart, Ten; that intimidates a lot of people and I think they just dont know how to handle it. Hence their automatic reaction is to try to convince you that there's no such thing and try to make you believe you are not who you really think you are. Well, I stand with you and tell you that THAT is bullshit. Surround yourself with the positive people that are worthy of your friendship. You have been a wonderful friend in the time that I have know you on this site and I look forward to seeing you around in the days ahead.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 22, 2008

Author

Tenten
Tenten

Alamosa, CO



About
I know me well enough to know that I don't who I truly am and that I deceive myself into believing i have found my way in life. i well away of the fact that i am a contradiction of actions and words a.. more..

Writing
Back Pocket Back Pocket

A Poem by Tenten


Ten Feet Ten Feet

A Poem by Tenten


Intermission Intermission

A Poem by Tenten



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Now Us Now Us

A Poem by M Lamont


Wounded Wounded

A Poem by Just Manoosh