Characters Blog 101: #2- Healers remorse

Characters Blog 101: #2- Healers remorse

A Story by Characters Blog 101
"

Nadia has a big dilemma. What is a healer to do when potions are on special?

"


Nadia sat down on a nice sunny bench while waiting for the group to come back from their fortnightly shopping trip. “Maybe now I can get some study done.”

She knew it wasn’t going to last long, so she quickly got to it. Just as she was starting to understand a particularly difficult word of a magic healing spell that she had been working on for the past few weeks, her favourite blue haired duo came running back. She didn’t need to turn to know it was them; she could hear them having a “conversation” from what she assumed was quite a distance.

Kim leaned over the bench first and Nadia flipped a page of her book to hopefully show that she was busy. Knowing Kim as well as she did though, she knew her subtle hint was going to be lost on her.
“Will you please get Nick to realise that girls NEED shampoo!?” she pleaded as expected.
“Why doesn’t he think we need shampoo?” she asked, knowing she would regret getting involved. On cue, Nick came around the side of the bench and sat down between her and where Kim was leaning down frowning at him. “Because HE-” Kim pointed an accusing digit at him, stopping just short of his nose, “-thinks water does the trick!”
“Well, it does,” he replied, shrugging. “Wanna argue with me? Just feel my hair.” He unhesitantly picked Nadia’s hand away from her book, placed it on his head, and awaited her verdict.
Nadia raised her eyebrows at him. “Goodness! That is really soft!”
“And all from just bathing in springs!” Nick grimaced with satisfaction. He got off the bench and headed back toward town. “Now that that’s settled, we can skip the shampoo and get some healing potions instead.”
“But you don’t need…” Nadia trailed off, seeing that they had walked off before she even finished her sentence. She made a startling discovery as she watched them disappear into the bustling city life of Tyreen Town. If they had more money to spend on potions, they might not actually need a healer. She carefully placed her bookmark in her magic book and decided to get down to more important matters.

By the time the group came back, Nadia was glad she had a plan to put it all back into balance. Kim and Nick were still arguing and the rest of the group were clearly sick of it.
“You coming back to the ship Nadia?” Kim asked, stopping for a moment after she had passed the bench.
Nadia closed her book that she had pretended to be still reading. “Oh yes. I was just thinking about the shampoo. Let me feel your hair will you?”
Kim looked confused but leaned in anyway. Nadia stroked it for a couple of seconds, nodding to herself. “On second thoughts, I would like to retract my statement. Your hair is most definitely softer than Nick’s. We need more shampoo and less healing potions.”
“YES!!” Kim exclaimed happily, running to Nick and taking the bag of potions out of his arms. She turned toe and headed back to the city, sifting through the bag for the receipt.
“Oh come on, even if yours is softer than mine, it’s not just shampoo you need for that. You also have to get that conditioner stuff!”
Kim stopped mid stride. “You’re right! We have to get conditioner too!”
“But that means we have even less for potions!”
“That’s what we have Nadia for,” she grinned. The two of them headed back to the city once again.

A satisfied smile on her face, Nadia turned back to her book and squinted to try and study. The sun was setting.

“I guess I better just go back to read in the light,” she thought, standing and stretching.
“Hey Nadia, wait for us!!”
She turned to see Kim and Nick running back to her. “The shop was closed,” Nick said. “Looks like we get to keep the potions after all.” He poked his tongue out at Kim, who crossed her arms.

“We’ll be going to exchange them for shampoo and conditioner in the morning,” she argued.
“I’m tellin’ ya, potions are more important than shampoo!”
“And I’M telling you, we have Nadia for that!”
Nadia put her head in her hands and decided to make sure she found a quieter spot to study in future.

Story and Artwork (C) Kerryanne Koops 2014
Characters are from my novel series, Gemini Warriors. Please comment and watch for more!

© 2014 Characters Blog 101


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

Characters Blog 101
Characters Blog 101

Australia



About
Hi everyone, welcome to characters Blog 101! The place where you'll hopefully be intrigued (not in a creepy way) to read the side adventures of my characters! I'm Kerryanne and have been working o.. more..

Writing