Characters Blog 101: #3- The problem with imagination

Characters Blog 101: #3- The problem with imagination

A Story by Characters Blog 101
"

- The problem with imagination- Bryan's mind went into overdrive as he recognised the danger of flying over the ocean with a very excitable little girl.

"



As he and Carlie flew south over the sea away from the bustling Tyreen town and toward the summery tropical paradise of Parmacia, Bryan couldn't help but daydream a bit of worst case scenarios.
The first one came naturally as he watched little Carlie raise her arms and yell "wheeeeeeeeeeee" as Zest, their weed-dog-who-currently-masqueraded-as-a-flying-carpet, dipped a little lower than normal toward the sea. He imagined her not only flying off into the water, but sinking down to a little plug at the bottom of the sea. Knowing her, she would be curious at how shiny it was and give it a good yank. Suddenly there would be breaking news everywhere about water levels going down all over the world. Fishermen would flock to the shores of each town and be singing their praises to the "gods" only to quickly find out over the course of a month that no water meant no more fish.

As he looked down at the water, he briefly thought that he would be more than happy for there to be no ocean in the world. He didn't care one bit for swimming. The only problem was, he realised, that much like how the fishermen of the world would realise that no water=no fish=no money/hobby, he also needed water. Quickly he jolted his hand over to hold Carlie steady.
She giggled manically. "Do it too Bri-zen!"
"WOOF!" Zest barked in agreement.
Bryan declined and tried to explain why it was dangerous in as few words as possible so that she didn't get muddled up with his explanation. He gave up part of the way though when he saw Zest's vines tightening around them both like safety belts. Giving a sigh of relief, he let the little one go and raised his hands one by one. Zest woofed even louder and tilted from side to side. He stopped being worried for the time being and thanked his lucky stars that he was too poor to have eaten any lunch that day.

Story and artwork are (C) Kerryanne Koops 2014. The characters are from my novel series, Gemini Warriors.

© 2014 Characters Blog 101


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

Characters Blog 101
Characters Blog 101

Australia



About
Hi everyone, welcome to characters Blog 101! The place where you'll hopefully be intrigued (not in a creepy way) to read the side adventures of my characters! I'm Kerryanne and have been working o.. more..

Writing