Characters Blog 101: #5- Sleeping with the fishies

Characters Blog 101: #5- Sleeping with the fishies

A Story by Characters Blog 101
"

Thinking turned to contemplation for Liz, followed by shrieking, snoring and panic. Funny teaser story about two of my characters.

"

Characters Blog 101- #5: Sleeping with the fishies


Liz sat on the beach and looked out at sea. She disliked the sea due to her leanings, but at the same time she always wished she could get past her in-born discrimination. Due to very informal teachings. she knew she wasn't anywhere near as bad as the others, but it still felt like a natural fear to go anywhere near the water- particularly this patch of sea where Parmacia met the south-east end of the Eastelle region.

"So you're out here are you?" came a silky voice. She watched as her blonde haired and blue eyed companion sat down next to her and looked out to sea too.

"I thought you were helping the others cook?"

"I was, till those two started at it again." He pointed back to a blue haired duo, arguing over who would get the bigger fish. He turned his gaze on her. "Besides, you were looking a bit lonely over here."
"Oh Alex," Liz giggled. "How could I be lonely?"

"Not now of course. I meant before.. before I came here..." Alex stuttered and put his hand to his chin in thought. "Wait, maybe I said that incorrectly?"

When Liz giggled again at him, he cleared his throat and looked back out to the almost evening scenery. Seagulls squawked overhead, but otherwise the two shared quite a peaceful moment. Liz always liked being in his company. He always seemed content to just sit in silence; a welcome change from her own much louder personality.


After a while, Alex looked at her again. "Are you afraid of water?" Of course, Alex was just as naturally curious as her, which usually always caught her off guard considering his strong-silent-type personality.

She frowned. "No, it's just.." She didn't continue, knowing by the feeling in her gut that this was a very hard subject to talk about, even if she wanted to.

"It's okay," Alex said, leaning in closer. "Me too."

She found herself being picked up before she could do little more then let out a very embarrassing girly scream. "Alex! Put me down!"
He grinned down at her. She tried not to look at her friends in the distance who might have heard her scream. They were probably insinuating things.


Alex carried her into the sea, going in until he was waist deep. Being so close to him as he held her, Liz could feel his heart racing.

"You're really afraid of the sea?" she asked softly, closing her eyes and trying to manage her own breathing.

"Of course," he muttered, closing his own eyes. For what seemed like only a few moments, they just listened to the sound of the waves and rocked slightly back and forth when they crashed softly into them. "Um, Liz?" Alex whispered. She opened her eyes groggily to look straight into his.

"Are you afraid anymore?"
"No," she answered, not having the heart to tell him that she had never been afraid.

"Good," he answered. "I'm afraid we may have to swim back separately."

One look around herself answered why. She looked at Alex and he gave her an embarrassed smile. It appeared that she'd fallen asleep and the sun was about to set.


Story and Artwork (C) Kerryanne Koops 2014. Characters are from my novel series, Gemini Warriors. Please comment, fave and watch for more!


© 2014 Characters Blog 101


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

Characters Blog 101
Characters Blog 101

Australia



About
Hi everyone, welcome to characters Blog 101! The place where you'll hopefully be intrigued (not in a creepy way) to read the side adventures of my characters! I'm Kerryanne and have been working o.. more..

Writing