Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by C. Lee Battaglia
"

The first chapter to The Dragon Within.

"

THE DRAGON WITHIN

Written by: C. Lee Battaglia



Prologue

“Where are they?” The hooded figure said with a raspy voice.

“A planet called Earth; it's a small planet unknown to us.” The servant said in the corner of the room.

“How come we haven't heard about this place... how did we find out?” The hooded figure asked with curiosity in his voice.

The servant cleared his voice as he said, “We just barely found it from the eye and we have some footage of this one.”

The hooded figure smiled darkly as he said, “Send in the pets.”

“What pets would you like, master?” The servant asked.

“The Zarazock!”


Chapter 1

I don't know my name, my family, except for one thing. Alexia. I had a memory of a girl named Alexia and we were holding hands and running threw a field of grass.

Other than that my mind was completely empty. Not a single other memory I could place.

I was lying on a bed with that had white sheets and the room was small with only a desk in the corner and a pitcher of water on the desk with a few empty cups.

“Hello? Is anyone there?” I ask spooked out a little.

Just then a man with a white laboratory jacket and says, “Hi I am Professor Mike.”

I just start to freak out as I say, “I can’t remember a single thing about me except for a girl named Alexia… Who am I? Who are you? What happened to me?” I say yelling.

Professor mike looks flabbergasted as he says, “First off you’re safe, second your name is Marcus Lee, and you go by mark.” He pauses for a few seconds then continues, “Let me start from the beginning then.”

Mike sighs and says, “When you were around one year old, you got sent in a spaceship to earth, you crash landed just right over the border of Colorado. Some people saw your ship fall from the sky, they thought your ship was a shooting star falling from the stars. When they got close to your ship they noticed something strange about it so they called our facility, unidentified objects and one of our agents went over to inspect it out.

“When they got over too your ship the next three days, he opened the door to your ship and saw you with a blanket wrapped around your small body. After all of that and told us what had happened we sent you to an orphanage knowing that you were human and everything was going to be all right. A couple weeks later you were adopted by two of our agents, Joseph and Faith Jacobson. But then a few years later, when you were three your parents went on a mission for us… but died as heroes. You were moved to a foster home until you were adopted at the age of six.

“Your parents, Tyler and Riley Milestone had you until you were the age you are, sixteen-”

“Where are my parents?” I cut off professor mike.

Mike looks down at the floor as he says, “When you and your parents were going on a drive to Florida, (where we are by the way,) you guys were crossing a bridge and a bolder fell from the cliffs next to the side of the road where you were driving by, it knocked your car over the side of the railing. The car that you were in fell a hundred feet before exploding... the mystery to me is how did you survive the fall but no one else made it out alive?” Mike says straightening his glasses on the tip of his nose.

Shocked from the news with tears in my eyes I say, “Wait, my family is dead?!”

Tears were now streaming down my face as Professor Mike puts a hand on my shoulder as he tries to explain the reason why it happened, “This… I’m sorry; I truly am… if there was anything I could do that would have prevented what had happened to you, I would have done it.”

I feel the anger within me like it was about to erupt and destroy anything in its path. With a mixture of feelings inside of me I say, “What’s the date today?”

“June, 9th, 2084. Anymore questions you have for me?”

“When is my birthday and what state do I live in?”

Mike pauses for a second then looks at me and says, “Your birthday was yesterday, and you lived in Colorado…”

Crying I say, “That’s how unlucky I am, I miss my own birthday…”


*

Once Mike left the room I went back under the covers of my bed and cry until I couldn’t cry anymore. I fell into a restless sleep until there was a knock on my door and I say, “You can come in.”

Expecting it to be Mike it was actually a dark skinned lady coming with a plate full of food.

“Hi honey, my name is Chef Charlie. I brought you some food for dinner.” Charlie says setting the food on my bed.

Looking at the roast beef, mashed potatoes, and rolls drenched in gravy that looked so heavenly, I started to drool. “Thank you… I have a question.” I say ripping a piece of one the rolls and putting it into my mouth to crave my hunger.

“What is it honey?” Charlie asks me with a smile.

“How long was I knocked out for?” I ask curiously.

She just looks at me with that great smile of hers and says, “You were out for about three days.”

Shocked by the news I say, “Wow… I was out longer than I expected.”

She puts her hand on the doorknob and says, “If you need me, just holler and I’ll come. That’s the same for if you want more food after that.”

“Okay…” I say putting a forkful of potatoes into my mouth.



© 2014 C. Lee Battaglia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Favorite line "send in the pets".
I felt like it wasn't realistic for the professor to give him so much information right when he wakes up. I imagine the professor would ask how much he knows, tell him his name and a few basics, but then tell him to rest. If someone just woke up from a mini-coma I wouldn't tell them about their dead family right away.
There's a few typos like threw/through, but nothing that got in the way of my understanding.
I like where this is going.

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Rose

9 Years Ago

Get it all down is more important. Write more of the story first while you are inspired, you can dea.. read more
C. Rose

9 Years Ago

*Getting . . .
C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

thats true. thanks rose! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
1 Review
Added on December 24, 2014
Last Updated on December 24, 2014


Author

C. Lee Battaglia
C. Lee Battaglia

Alpine, UT



About
My name is C. Lee Battaglia and I love to read… I read so much that my Mom grounds me from reading and tells me to go do something else. I am 20 years old. I hated reading when I was little .. more..

Writing