Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by C. Lee Battaglia
"

Chapter 2 to The Dragon Within.

"

Chapter 2

“Wake up! We have a big day.” Mike says over the intercom.

“Why? Why now?” I mumble getting out of bed and I walk into the bathroom and wash my face to wake up. I go to my dresser and pull out some shorts and a white T-shirt. I find some socks and tennis shoes in the closet that fit my feet perfectly.

I walk out into the hallway and down the stairs. Mike was in the kitchen eating a bowl of oatmeal and says to me, “Come get some breakfast before we go.” He says pushing a bowl of oatmeal in front of a chair for me.

I eat without talking and get a drink of water and say, “I'm ready.”

“Let’s go then.” He says motioning me out the door.

We walk out the door together and I start out into a jog in front of mike. The air smelt so good and it woke me up even more. After a about ten minutes Mike says, “Slow down a little.”

“I'm only jogging. You can't keep up?” I ask seriously.

“Yeah right. Slow down.” He puffs.

“I'm not lying. I'm only jogging.”

“If so then sprint as fast as you can to me.” Mike says stopping.

“Okay.” I say turning around and I sprint towards Mike. I get there like in two seconds and Mike dumbstruck was looking at me with bulging eyes says, “Do you know how fast you were running?!”

“Um... ten miles per hour?” I ask.

“No, more like thirty miles per hour.”

“What? How?” I ask raising my eyebrows.

“Go run by that speed monitor as fast as you can. It's over there.” Mike says pointing at it in the distance.

“Alright.” I say as I walk into the rode and run as fast as I could towards it. When I passed the monitor it read, 45 MPH.

“What... how?” I ask in shock.

“Come back over here!” Mike yells looking as happy if it were Christmas.

I run over to Mike and he says, “Man kid, your one good runner.”

“Thanks but this doesn't make any sense to me.” I say feeling weird and I was freaking out a little.

“Let’s go back to the laboratory to check what other mysteries you have within you.” Mike says freaking me out a little.



© 2014 C. Lee Battaglia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on December 24, 2014
Last Updated on December 24, 2014
Tags: Dragon, Thriller, mystery, Sad


Author

C. Lee Battaglia
C. Lee Battaglia

Alpine, UT



About
My name is C. Lee Battaglia and I love to read… I read so much that my Mom grounds me from reading and tells me to go do something else. I am 20 years old. I hated reading when I was little .. more..

Writing