Evangeline

Evangeline

A Chapter by Neena

The rain fell off her white umbrella as Isabel, Adrine, Melodie, and Japito walked through the gates of le Pumbdie School, each of them mumbling the story that they've come up with for Isabel's new life history. Shortly after they walked into the school they were greeted by the headmistress who was making her daily rounds. "Adrine, Melodie, Japito how great it is to see you. Who is this beautiful little girl hiding behind you? Your mother isn't trying to hide another child from us now is she?"
 "This is our friend Evangeline," Melodie said pushing Isabel closer to them.
 "Well now I'd like to talk to you," the headmistress said pointing to Evangeline, "now for the rest of you off to class.
 They all stayed were they stood "but" they all said.
 "Now," she demanded, and all of them scurried off to their classes leaving Evangeline alone with the headmistress. "Walk with me," the headmistress said with a wave of her hand. "Now Evangeline I'm very curious of why those three would bring you here, so tell me a bit about yourself."
 They walked into the green house of the school were the headmistress started to play with some flowers. "Well..." Evangeline started "I'm afraid there is not much to tell, or what there is to tell really isn't on the happiest of notes."
 "That's fine I love a good drama story, go on," the headmistress said the petals of a flower between her fingers.
 Evangeline stood there for a while trying to remember what to say but couldn't. Then she remembered something one of her sisters had said, some of the best lies are the ones threaded with truth. "Well you see my dad was killed back in the war when he got sniped by the enemy..." which was true her dad was sniped and everyone thought he would die but somehow he pulled through.”...And my mom was killed during a bakery robbery," there were a lot of robberies at the bakery down the street from the castle and one of the guys who did errand’s for them was killed during one. "And I have no other family, but every summer my family would come here to France and one time I met Japito and his sisters and we've been friends ever since." So when my mother died I came here because they were the closest thing to family, but there little house couldn't fit another person, so they thought I should come here."
    "You’re right the story isn't the happiest," the headmistress said walking away from the flower to stand right in front of Evangeline, "but still I'm not sure if you can stay. This school is for highly academic children and I've never heard of you so I'm not sure if you are one. So if can prove you're worthy of being at this school then you might have a chance of staying."
    "How can I prove to you that I should stay here," Evangeline asked trying to stand up more confidently but looking like she was trying to impersonate a giraffe.
    "How many years of schooling have you had," the headmistress asked.
    What year was she in, she had been home schooled all her life and all the years sort of smashed together. "I believe I'm in year nine," Evangeline answered.
    "You believe," the headmistress asked.
    "No, I am in year nine," Evangeline replied.
    "What school did you go to before now?" she asked.
    "I was home schooled my entire life," Evangeline answered.
    "Finally what do you want to do with your life when you get older?" she asked actually sounding like she wanted to know, and not like just answer the question already.
    "I..." Evangeline started, "I don't have a specific job I want to do, but I want to help people. My whole life the one thing I love more than anything else is to see people happy, and to know I had some part in making them happy just makes it even better in my heart. I just don't want to rule over people and force them to do something because I feel its right; I want the people to decide. I just want to give advice that gives the push they need to get moving.
    "Well that's the most explained answer I think someone has ever given me, but I usually don't handle the admission slips so..." the headmistress trailed off. A smile came across Evangeline’s face she had a strong feeling she was going to get to stay. "But anyhow," the headmistress came to say, "I have more authority here than any of them so I say as long as you behave you get to stay here. Welcome to Le Pumbdie," she said with a smile.    



© 2013 Neena


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on March 24, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013
Tags: princess, isabel, drama, fantasy, lost, choice


Author

Neena
Neena

MN



About
weird girl who reads, writes and makes videos on youtube. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Chapter by Neena


Isabel's Last Day Isabel's Last Day

A Chapter by Neena


New Turn New Turn

A Chapter by Neena