Creatures of chaos

Creatures of chaos

A Story by Noemi
"

the world in 2080... strange and detestable creatures have evolved and now the human race is at risk- one scientist works alone to find a way to win the war between humans and the ceatures of chaos.

"
Journal entry #1 October 12, 2080
 
     In the fall of  2080, what once used to be a vision of orange, red, and yellow; fresh crisp air that could be felt during a cold day is now still and has a stale taste. filled with darkness and temptation, alluring passerby to their impending doom. hidden in the crevices of trees and rocks are the cause of such devastation. creatures who bask in the pain of others and  feed on the shoulders of unsuspecting victims. these such creatures have always intrigued me, I could never relate to their love of evil, charismatic, manipulative abilities. Beings with such alluring traits, that could use them to do such dark deeds have always amazed me. As I walk through the forest I heard a scream; this has been happening more frequently than usual lately. the first time I heard it I rushed to the rescue, but was never able to find the creator of such a shriek. now I realize what  it was as I listen deeper  into the repeating echo. it sounds human, but possesses an eerie, beastly quality, using human screams to substitute for it's own.

     The longer I walk, the more I ponder of such monsters, the reason of their existence, the point of origin,  and how one could master the creatures of chaos. whether they mimic screams or replicate them some other way. I am a scientist, it is my duty to think of such things. I am the only one of my field; the others have either turned tail or died. although I am aware of my potential death, I push myself to persevere. the fight is too vital to abandon. I  wonder if this endeavor is fruitful, or if I am driving on an endless road.

journal entry #2 October 16, 2080
   The boss sent  me to Alaska after hearing rumours of  an ancient legend passed down about monsters who devour humans, and who's warning cry is the screams of it's past victims. Evidence of the creatures'  presence are everywhere here, probably even more prominent here than in NY. tomorrow I'll go to the village's mayor, and ask if he has any leads. Right now however, my biggest problem is sustaining myself, the grocery prices here are atrocious.

   

© 2016 Noemi


Author's Note

Noemi
please ignore past and present tense mistakes. Also, thanks for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on May 13, 2015
Last Updated on April 11, 2016

Author

Noemi
Noemi

About
I am very passionate about how I express myself, and although my writing may be dark, I have a positive outlook on life. more..

Writing
Angel's Wings Angel's Wings

A Story by Noemi


Cage of Kindness Cage of Kindness

A Story by Noemi