Memories of a Mother

Memories of a Mother

A Story by Noemi
"

dedicated to my mom, whom I love more than the sun and the moon and the whole wide world.

"
"I love you more than the sun and the moon and the whole wide world." I remember, when I was four, my mother would hold me close and tell me this. Her blue eyes would seem so warm, so kind. I remember, when I was seven, my mother would wake me in the mornings, rubbing my back and softly calling my name. I remember, as I was thirteen, my mother would pack my lunches, would welcome me home after school. I remember, when i was sixteen, my mother was there to hold me as i was paralyzed, unable to move. I remember when I was seventeen, my mother was there to push my wheelchair. I can see my mother smiling, as I hold my diploma. I can see my mother's pride when I will be hired at my first job. I can see the joy on my mother's face, as she holds my firstborn child. I will hope, that my mother will keep me close as I grow, and as she grows. I hope, even when I am thirty, my mother will still be my mom.

© 2017 Noemi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Tell me your mother has read this. It's sweet and quite the homage to this one person who was there when you began. Well done.


Posted 6 Years Ago


This is very sweet and depicting of an idealistic motherly figure. Inspiring, positive, and beautiful in its simplicity.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Noemi

6 Years Ago

Thanks! I wrote this for my mother. Honestly I think she is an ideal mother, The absolute best! than.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 27, 2017
Last Updated on April 27, 2017

Author

Noemi
Noemi

About
I am very passionate about how I express myself, and although my writing may be dark, I have a positive outlook on life. more..

Writing
Angel's Wings Angel's Wings

A Story by Noemi


Cage of Kindness Cage of Kindness

A Story by Noemi