Preface (Dolores Marie Odom) May 20, 2340

Preface (Dolores Marie Odom) May 20, 2340

A Chapter by Chris A Jones
"

Preface of Reversion: Reset the Future

"

Preface

May 20, 2340

(Dolores Marie Odom)

 

We realized many years ago that our atmosphere was becoming toxic. It was only a matter of time before life would come to an end because of the toxic conditions. There were a number of different ideas that were attempted. All of which failed to restore the earths ecology to a living and sustainable environment. One plan had yet to be tried. It was a plan that was strictly forbidden.

 

Time Travel had been invented many years ago. It was used primarily as a tool to research historical events and the future. It was because of the time machine, we came to know that everything on our planet would be laid to waste in the year 2349. Time travel had one rule. Under no circumstances do you ever change the past. Travelers were strictly forbidden to make changes as it could alter the future irreparably. When all of our attempts failed to restore our ecological state though a new yet desperate plan had to be devised. The only option left to fix the planets ecology was by changing the past. It was a bold plan, and a plan that came with risks.

 

If the human race had any chance of surviving it was only going to happen as a consequence of this plan. There was of course opposition to the idea. In the end though it was decided that humanity was worth the risk. To fix the present we would have to change the policies that had been engrained for more than 300 years. Many of the policies were based on an economic mindset that could not or perhaps worse would not change without significant interruption. We knew this going in. Despite that we had to try.

 

My goal was to take elements of our history that were in fact for the better and introduce them at an earlier stage in the development of the human race. By artificially speeding up discovery we hoped we would be able to change mindsets before the policies that destroyed the planet had a chance to become the norm.

 

In so doing, I managed to alter the lives of three individuals, hopefully for the better. It would not come without heartache. The three individuals were separated by over a hundred years. To change the past we needed these individuals to come together and discover the alternatives that were necessary to save the planet. Thru heartache and a love that would span more than 200 years, two of these individuals would eventually solve the problem. Their names are Diane Caitlan and William Miller. The world would never know the sacrifice these two individuals would make and the undying love they would share despite living more than 130 years apart.

 

My name is Dolores Odom. I am here to ensure the chronicle of these two unsung heroes in this final desperate attempt is recorded for all time. I hope history will not judge them as anything other than the heroes they are.



© 2016 Chris A Jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool write. Looks to be a interesting story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris A Jones

7 Years Ago

Thank you! Hoping it is interesting enough for others to get into it as well.
T.S. Sky

7 Years Ago

I'm sure it will.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 16, 2016
Last Updated on December 16, 2016


Author

Chris A Jones
Chris A Jones

Florissant, CO



About
Author of 'Reversione: Reset The Future' available in bookstores now. Currently working on 'Reversione: Lost In Time'. I am a new 47 year old author currently living in the area of Dallas Texas,.. more..

Writing