Four

Four

A Chapter by nostal
"

Fourth chapter of TENTACLE

"
Jeff on the phone again. Tory pressed the receiver against the flap of his ear.

"Are your parents there yet?"
Jeff replied groggily, "No, no, not yet. I said in the afternoon."
"No, you said eight or nine in the morning."
"Oh, yeah, definitely. Sorry dude, I just feel a bit dizzy for some reason."
His friend let out a longing yawn. Said, "Damn this day is weird as f**k. I was having a dream that I was being held down against my will by some giant woman. Polish, or some s**t. Like from the Gestapo."

"The Gestapo were German."
"Whatever. Same thing. How's your tentacle?"
Tory peered down over the slithery extension, slightly shorter than his arm had been, ending in a rounded stub. 
"Why are you talking to me so casual? I have a tentacle for gods- sake. Your acting like its another daily thing."
"It's just not really exciting," Another yawn, "Like if you'd grown some pincers that would be exciting. Your tentacle is just dull."
"Pincers? I just want my arm back."
Jeff mentioned, "Aren't you going to work soon?"
"That's the problem. What should I do?"
His friends answer was curt and obvious. "Just call in sick or some s**t. Usually what I do when I'm tired."
"The rent is coming up, and I still owe half of last month's. Cutting work is not an option. Unless you want me to move in with you."
Tory could still see the image, emblazoned in his recent memorandum of the proprietor of the building- a stray- haired european woman who may have been a gypsy in her younger days- stabbing an accusative finger at him, croaking that he better pay up soon. And his contrite response: 'Yes, ma'am'.
"No thanks, my parents are already being a pain in the a*s. They said they were going to visit like two months ago."
"Back to me: what should I do?"
Jeff thought. "Haven't you learned not to take advice from me?"
"There's no one else right now."
"Call your girlfriend?"
"We haven't spoken in a month."
"Not my problem." Jeff said. Then, an idea sprouted from the blank expanse of his friend's cranium, "Hey, you should go in one of those insanely long- sleeved ugly shirts of yours. I think it'll hide the tentacle up pretty good."
"Fashionable, you mean. And what if someone asks where my arm is?"
"Then you tell them to mind their own business."
8:30 now. 
Tory realized it wasn't that bad of an idea. "Alright, hurry over later when your parents are gone."
"They're staying for the night as well."
"Good luck then. See you." Tory turned towards his closet, where a rack of long-sleeved apparel rested, expectant for wintry days. The month was August. 


© 2011 nostal


Author's Note

nostal
Thoughts?
Say anything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Random tentacle brings random problems. His friend is a meanie butt. He should probably die in the fiery pits of hell.
But legit. WHAT IS WITH THE FREAKING TENTACLE?
>.<
You're killing me here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


His friend is mean and should have a tail grow from his butt. Just seems appropriate. Haha I am still oddly intrigued.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I still LOVE it.
I'm wondering why he has the tentacle and what will happen if anyone else finds out about it.
I'm also wondering what you've been doing all day if you have the time to write four amazing chapters like this! Keep up the creativity! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2011
Last Updated on September 20, 2011
Tags: chapter, tentacle, fiction, novellete


Author

nostal
nostal

orem



About
Been here since 2007. 16. I dig ambient soundscape music and often write while listening to Boards of Canada or Aphex Twin. Don't be afraid to offer serious constructive criticism, for I take .. more..

Writing
Autumn's Grove Autumn's Grove

A Story by nostal


Achife Achife

A Story by nostal


Wrecked kid Wrecked kid

A Story by nostal