Chapter 1: Lavender

Chapter 1: Lavender

A Chapter by vivian

Nothing very lasts forever. I've learned that for a long time now, although I never believe it.


Life went on. I went to the coffee shop as I always do. The store itself was nice and warm, with few people, so it was easier for me to control myself, especially since the more emotional you are, the harder it is to control the hunger...that urge to just kill someone and just drown in their flesh and blood was a natural instinct for us.


I tried not to think about anything that happened yesterday, or anything to do with her. It was a bit difficult...everything seems to be different without her.

I looked outside the shop window, focusing on everything else, anything besides Emily.


A young girl walked into the cafe. She had long wavy brown hair with bangs.
Immediately, she caught my attention. It wasn't exactly because of her beauty or anything, it was more like a natural inclement, it was such a strong feeling, I couldn't help myself.


She chose a table near me. She smelled of lavender.




I sat there quietly, drinking my untouched tea. It tasted okay, I guess. But I don't really have a sense of taste much anymore anyways.
See, that's the thing with vampires. We can eat human food, but only if we have enough human blood running in our system. Otherwise, we just end up throwing it all up. Instinctively, vampires don't eat human food at all, we actually aren't even supposed to. I, personally, don't mind. It's really just something for me to chew...I don't particularly enjoy feeding on humans.


Two men walked into the cafe. Immediately, I could tell they were hunters. It was written all over their faces. At least they could make an effort to hide it.

At first, I just sat there, trying to blend myself with the humans, hoping they wouldn't notice me.


Too late.

Already one of them had noticed me as a vampire. He took out one of his guns, which was probably filled with wooden bullets, and aimed it at me. Everyone in the store started panicking and a lot of them started fleeing.


"I know what you are." he said, with a threatening tone.


"Well, granted that you're pointing a gun at me, I already deduced you did, smart one." I said.


I guess I went too far, because he shot me in my stomach.
It doesn't hurt as much since I was a vampire. But it still was painful. I could feel the bullet digging into my stomach as I tried to dig it out of my body so I could heal.


"That's all you got, huh? Just going to shoot me until night fall?" I said, half groaning as I tried to dig the bullet out.


"Nah, actually, we're going to kill you. But first, torturing with my prey is the fun part." he said.


"Ha, we'll see about that." I said, getting up on my feet. The wound already healed.

I used my vampire strength and got my hands on his neck, ready to snap him, giving him paralysis and most likely, death.


"You think you're so strong, bloodsucker? We both know what has control over you." the hunter calmly said, in a mocking tone.


Immediately, I smelled it. The blood...along with a lavender scent.

Damn it. I thought to myself. They must know. They know that i haven't fed in a while. That I'm weak. That I can't control myself as well right now. They've must've been studying me before they even walked into the shop.


I slowly lost my grasp on the hunter's neck, and he got free, snickering.



The scent of blood quickly rushed up my lungs. It was daring...it was so close for me to just drink the fresh blood...so easy to just give in to the instinct.

My fangs started to extend, along with my eyes, that turned a deep red when I wanted to feed.


Then I saw her. That innocent girl who had walked in the store.

She had her mouth gagged, with her hands tied behind her back...completely hopeless. She looked frightened for her life.

So this was what they wanted...to watch me kill her.



The hunger continued to grow inside me.

My body started shaking as it grew more and more uncontrolable.
The nasty snickering coming from the two hunters dimmed, and all I could hear was her pulse, her heartbeat, the flow of her blood.


Ba-thump.


Ba-thump.


Ba-thump.


My fangs ached to drain her blood.
Everything inside me was screaming to kill...The instinct to feed.



Ba-thump. Ba thump.



And in a blur, I somehow managed to kill both hunters; as I was half-way feeding on the lavender scented girl, I realized my humanity and got in control of myself.


It was so hard to stop though...To jump out of the rush, but I did it.
I did it.


I whipped my mouth clean of all the blood.



Was she still alive?

There was still a faint heartbeat, pumping frantically the last breathe of her.
I quickly tried to stop the bleeding and fed her some of my blood. She quickly healed, but I have to look after her for a while, in case something happens.

I took her to my home and layed her on my couch and sat beside her, waiting until she regained consciousness.


I pondered for a while.

There's a mystery, now that two completely stupid hunters came in a cafe to just end up dead. Normally, hunters are not that untrained, easily tricked, or naive.





Something's up.




© 2012 vivian


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on December 16, 2012
Last Updated on December 16, 2012


Author

vivian
vivian

About
Hello! I'm Vivian, love to write, eat cake, procrastinate, sleep, tumblr, art, and music. Here is my fictionpress account: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/862341/ more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by vivian


The Curse The Curse

A Book by vivian