Chapter 2: unexpected

Chapter 2: unexpected

A Chapter by vivian

I woke up, with my vision sightly blurred, in an isolated room devoid of any visible windows. 

I was a bit confused, about why I was in this room...but then I realized what had happened last night.

Someone unknown had stabbed me with some substance that made me pass out right when I was about to kill the 2nd hunter and hopefully save the girl....

The dim room had a heavy stench of dried blood and some alcohol, or at least some type of medication. I wrinkled my nose, as the scent was not appealing of me. 

I heard footsteps getting closer.  

"So you've awaken." 

I looked up, trying to make out who it was. I still felt light headed and my vision wasn't as clear as it normally was...in fact, it's worse than a humans I would bet. And every part of my body ached; my bones felt tired. 

"How do you feel, vampire? Weak? Faint?" he asked, chuckling. 

Already from that sneer remark, I knew it was a vampire hunter. 

He started walking around me, observing me. I reliazed I was in this prison-cage like thing, imprisoned to the wall by chains on my wrists. 

"You know, that drug I injected into you with in that resturant...it has a interestingly strong effect on your species for some reason. It's a very simple mixture. Just a few herbs with vervain." 

Vervain. No wonder. It is such a rare plant nowadays, almost never heard of anymore, after our kind pretty much destroyed all traces of it. Only older vampires are still familiar with the lethal plant. 

The hunter suddenly grabbed me by the chest and shoved my weak body against the stone wall. "So what are you doing in town, leeche?" he said, with a threatning voice. 

"Nothing much as the average human being does." 

"Then what were you doing killing of humans? Would you consider that the "casual-human-being" everyday doings?" 

"Pft, humans. You call youselves human? That's funny since you kill your own kind probably more than vampires." 

"We do what we need to do." he said quietly. 
"Enough about me. Shut up and answer the question, vampire."  

"I told you. I did nothing to you humans, relax."

"Then what do you consider killing off a hunter and attempting to kill a second one?" 

I didn't answer. It was too embarrasing to say that I lost control of my natural instincts. Even a vampire would laugh at this. 

"Answer me. What are you doing in town?" he said slowly, with impatience leaking out of every word.

I still said nothing. I looked at the floor instead. 

"You know, I can torture this out of you? I'm being very nice right now." 
He reached into his jacket pocket, grabbing for,  which I could presume, some type of vampire torture device. 

"Ahhh, this. Very nice. This device has an extremely high wattage. Up for a shock?" he said, chuckling at his own little joke. 

"We'll see." I said. It doesn't matter whether or not he gets it out of me anyways, because I'm not part of a "vampire pack" or whatever. 

I'm alone. Besides, most vampires don't even consider me a vampire anyways....not after what happened 25 years ago. 

 

 

 

After about 2 hours of eletrifying torture and not a single useful word out of me, the vampire hunter got bored. 

"If you're not going to say anything, then I guess we better try something else." he said, enjoying the torture for me even more. 

The hunter went outside of the room to look for something else. 

It was then, that I sense another supernatural being. I turn my head.

"Shh, it's me. I'm going to get you out. But shhh." 
It was my younger brother, Matthew. 

The hunter returned with what looked like another injector. 

"Okay, I'm going leave and find someone else. In the meantime, you're getting another dose." 

Right when he was about to inject me with it, my younger brother grabs the hunter and shoves him into the wall, driving him unconscious and hopefully dead. 

My brother comes over to me, breaking the chains on my wrists. 

"Could've been a bit sooner Matt," I said, trying to get up, but just ended up collapsing to the ground. 

"You're welcome, old brother. You need to rest. You're still weak from the previous injection. How many hours has it been anyways? You should be strong enough to at least stand."

"Feels like about 4 hours." 

"Well, if it was really four hours, it should have worn off by the now Peter. You sure?" 

"I'm not on to judge since I just sat through hours, at least, of torture." I said, with a hint of humor. 

"Haha. Okay, I'm going to tour this house for a second. Be right back after I kill every single living thing in this filthy, disgusting house." 

"Wait!" I said, grabbing his shoulders before he sped off. "There should be a young girl in this house as well. She has a heavy scent of lavender on her. Don't kill her. Please."

"Why not? Please don't tell me you've become attached to a human and  you haven't even met her before."

"Because-"

Before I could finish my sentence, the hunter, somehow, regained consciousness, and the first thing he did was stab me with the injector. 

I felt dizzy at first...everything around me blurred...and the last thing I could make out from my vision was my brother snapping the hunter's neck, killing him for sure. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2013 vivian


Author's Note

vivian
Feel free to write any comments/critiques!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on January 4, 2013
Last Updated on January 4, 2013


Author

vivian
vivian

About
Hello! I'm Vivian, love to write, eat cake, procrastinate, sleep, tumblr, art, and music. Here is my fictionpress account: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/862341/ more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by vivian


The Curse The Curse

A Book by vivian