The Carmelo Anthony Trade Saga II

The Carmelo Anthony Trade Saga II

A Story by Cody C
"

The wait is finally over...

"
Finally after months of waiting the Carmello Anthony Trade Saga is finally over with a twist. The New Jersey Nets actually beat out the New York Knicks first with a deal that would send Devin Harris and Derek Favors and four 1st round draft picks to the Nuggets. New Jersey executives met with Anthony in Los Angeles to discuss a three year 65 million dollar contract required of Anthony if committed to joining the team. Anthony however didn’t show much of an interest in signing the extension. As the trading deadline was rapidly approaching the Nuggets struck out a deal with Anthony’s  first choice destination the New York Knicks. The deal was massive, involving 12 players. It consisted of the Knicks giving up Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, a first round pick in 2014, and second round picks in 2012 and ’13 and 3 million dollars worth of cash to the Nuggets for guard Chancey Billups, Carmelo Anthony, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter, and Renaldo Balkman. The Knicks also sent Eddy Curry, and Anthony Randolph to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Corey Brewer. After months of effort, rumors and drama over Carmelo the wait is finally over with Anthony landing on the Knicks.

© 2011 Cody C


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on February 28, 2011
Last Updated on March 21, 2011

Author

Cody C
Cody C

OH



About
My writing mainly focuses on Sports and Conspiracy, my two most favorite subjects. I want to be a Sports Journalist after high school. I am on this site because of a course I’m taking in school. more..

Writing
NFL Lockout NFL Lockout

A Story by Cody C