I Bleed Purple...Forever

I Bleed Purple...Forever

A Story by Cody C

My favorite football team is the Minnesota Vikings. I started liking the Vikings at the age of 4 years old. My dad has always been a 49ers fan. He used to dress me up in  49ers apparel when I was real little. I remember watching 49er games all the time but for some reason I never got into liking them. I think it was the simple fact of me wanting to be different, I wanted my own favorite team. I seen the Vikings randomly one day on TV and I asked my dad what team it was. He told me and ever since that day I’ve been a diehard fan. I remember the 1998 season when Minnesota had a glorious season. “I was 5 years old at the time”. That year the vikings went and amazing 15-1 record, only losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. However they fell short of a super bowl appearance by losing against the Atlanta Falcons in overtime in the NFC Championship game. I didn’t understand the game of football atthe time, all i knew was that losing was a very very bad thing. I do however remember the long bombs Randall Cunningham would throw, and I remember the amazing catches randy moss would make.  Over the years the Vikes have had there ups and downs. I remember the 2003 season when the Arizona Cardinals mounted a comeback win to eliminate Minnesota’s playoff spot. I’ve always been real in to the Vikings and I can remember sitting on the floor that day with my ears and face burning out of anger and sadness. To me the vikings are everything. The 2009 year was a fairy tales season until it ended short once again in the NFC championship game with a overtime loss against the New Orleans Saints. I’ve never been more heart broken over the vikings prior to that year. I struggled controlling my emotions. It sounds crazy but it took me awhile to get over that loss. The Superbowl was so close you could actually taste it, and we fell short.But no matter what, through all the ups and downs, through all the glorious and horrible seasons, I will always be a Minnesota Vikings diehard fan. Forever.

© 2011 Cody C


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on March 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 9, 2011

Author

Cody C
Cody C

OH



About
My writing mainly focuses on Sports and Conspiracy, my two most favorite subjects. I want to be a Sports Journalist after high school. I am on this site because of a course I’m taking in school. more..

Writing
NFL Lockout NFL Lockout

A Story by Cody C