LeBron James and Heartbreak City

LeBron James and Heartbreak City

A Story by Cody C

LeBron James was once a hero of Cleveland, our savior. Now he is an enemy, a traitor, and will be forever remembered for his “Decision”, to leave cleveland for our conference rival the Miami Heat. Personally I was devastated. I remember as a young child listening to everyone talk about how great this boy was from Akron. I remember how excited I was when the Cavaliers drafted him. I remember actually meeting the King himself at a fan appreciation ceremony at the Quicken Loans Arena. I remember having this man as my hero growing up from a scrawny 10 year old boy to a near grown man at 17 years old. For him to just up and leave the city that made him into a superstar was just point blank shocking, not only for me, but to basketball fans around the globe. The impact he left on Cleveland was tremendous. I live an hour away from Cleveland, with my brother actually living there. Cleveland was truly in an uproar, riots broke out all over. Burnings of number 23  jersey’s, people being physically attacked, people crying, and tons more followed the nationally announced decision. LeBron’s decision was self promotional, arrogant garbage that was a slap in the face to his home town team. The promise of bringing a ring to this championship deprived city was broken, along with all of our hearts. It angers me to hear people call us horrible fans because were upset that LeBron left. Those people obviously don't know how it feels to be betrayed by a hometown hero, one of the biggest  threats on the court this world has ever seen. We made LeBron James, point blank, and he dumped us like garbage. I will never forget the “Decision”, and how I felt that day, only true cavalier basketball fans will understand where I come from. Cleveland is truly the new Heart Break city.

Lebron James has matched up with Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh, solely on getting a ring. The Miami Heat this year have plenty of talent, but have struggled tremendously, and I must say I’m not to sad about it either. They have lost countless of times, simply because they can’t finish games like good teams do. The whole superstar lineup doesn’t seem to be exactly working out for them either due to the fact that there not clicking like their supposed to be. It seems also that every good team they play they lose to. They are horrible against good teams, especially the Boston Celtics. Don’t get me wrong they have a winning record but they’re not good enough to compete with all ready established dynasty’s, such as Boston, and Los Angeles. According to LeBron, Karma is a b-word, seems likes failure is catching up to him conveniently. Enough said.

© 2011 Cody C


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
Added on March 7, 2011
Last Updated on March 9, 2011

Author

Cody C
Cody C

OH



About
My writing mainly focuses on Sports and Conspiracy, my two most favorite subjects. I want to be a Sports Journalist after high school. I am on this site because of a course I’m taking in school. more..

Writing
NFL Lockout NFL Lockout

A Story by Cody C