The 2011 NFL draft "My Mock Draft"

The 2011 NFL draft "My Mock Draft"

A Story by Cody C

Lockout or not, the NFL is still having there annual draft where 214 college stars will be selected to play in the NFL.  Like every year around this time, media, scouts and fans  go in to a frenzy on who picks who, and what team needs what. Personally, the NFL draft is very exciting to me. Below is my very own top 15 mock draft. This year’s class has plenty of talented exciting players. 



The Carolina Panthers select...      Blain Gabbert, QB, Missouri
    Lets face it, the Carolina Panthers are in desperate need of a quarterback. WIth having the number one pick in the draft I believe Gabbert will go first. Big guy with a big arm, you cant deny his talent, he in my opinion is the best quarterback in this years class.



The Denver Broncos select...      Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
    The Broncos are in need of a pass rusher this year due to the fact they were last in the league in sacks last season. To pass up on Marcell Dareus would definitely be a mistake. He is the best pass rusher coming into the draft in my opinion.


The Buffalo Bills select...    Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
The Buffalo Bills want to get a quarterback in this year’s draft. With Blaine Gabbert already taken off my board I would count on them picking Newton. Cam Newton has future greatness, and future failure written all over him. However with him I believe the good outweighs the bad and that is why I see him getting picked so high in the draft.

The Cincinnati Bengals select...     Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    With former Bengals cornerback Johnathon Joseph being a free agent this off season I believe Bengals will, and should draft Peterson with the number 4 selection. Peterson's a shut down corner with great change of direction who is excellent in zone coverage. Peterson is arguably the best football player coming out of this draft.


The Arizona Cardinals select...      Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
     I will go out on a limb and say the cards will pick Fairley in this years draft. Fairley dominated every lineman he faced last year. Yes they need a quarterback, but  I think Fairley’s athletic ability will make him hard to pass on. His injury problems are a downgrade, not by much though.


The Cleveland Browns select... AJ Green, WR, Georgia
    With the Browns most likely looking for a Franchise quarterback in Colt McCoy, I think they will look for Green to pick up in the draft. AJ Green has excellent size, hands and speed. He is athletic and quick enough to beat out double teams. Having a dynamic threat at wideout would only make things easier for McCoy who is still trying to set his mark on this franchise.

The San Francisco 49ers select...  Von Miller, DE, Texas A&M
    Von Miller has exploded on the scene lately having a dynamic senior bowl and combine. Not only does he play defensive end, but also outside linebacker. With this flexibility of placing him in either or positions I believe Miller will go 7th overall, or possibly higher. The 49ers defense with Patrick Willis and Von Miller would be a great thing...


The Tennessee Titans select...  Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
     Robert Quinn Is a super athlete having an amazing collegiate career until last season in which he was suspended. If he would have played he would easily be a top 5 draft pick. Explosive player who has a great ability to get through blocks consistently.
  

The Dallas Cowboys select... Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
     If Amukamara is still on the board, I would hope the Cowboys would be smart enough to pick him up. There secondary clearly sucks. Amukamara has great hands and speed. He can upgrade any team's defense.


The Washington Redskins select...   Daquan Bowers, DE, Clemson
      Daquan Bowers has potential to be great in the NFL. Big guy with excellent feet, hands, and speed. Due to the fact that he only had only one good season with Clemson he has tumbled a few picks down then what he was originally prospected at.


The Houston Texans select...    Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
      Adding Aldon Smith to an already good defense is what the Texans need to win. Aldon Smith is one of the best pass rushers coming out of college this year. I believe he would do great for the Texans. He is a super athlete that has potential to dominate in the NFL.

The Minnesota Vikings select... Jake Locker. QB, Washington
       I’m going with Jake Locker as a Minnesota Viking draft pick.  In my opinion I think the vikings will actually trade out of this pick to obtain him in the late 1st round. There are reports stating the Vikings really like Jake Locker and as Minnesota die hard Fan, I’m really hoping they do. He is a speedy quarterback who can make alot of throws. I like this guy a lot for us.


The Detroit Lions select... Tyron Smith, OT, USC
       The Lions would be smart to select Smith if he’s still on the board. He is an athletic tackle who could help Stafford from getting sacked so many times as he has been in the past.

 The St. Louis Rams select... Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
      Julio Jones would be a great matchup with Sam Bradford, who had a mediocre rookie year with crappy wide receivers. Jones is the real deal, has great hands and speed. I could see something special happen with the Rams offense this year if they acquire him.


The Miami Dolphins select... Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
      The dolphins are in need of a running back this year due to Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams being free agents. Mark Ingram is by far the best running back in this year’s draft class. I could see him doing good with Miami.







© 2011 Cody C


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with your picks. I'm more excited for the Draft this year because of the lockout. Anything progressing toward a new season is good in my book.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Added on March 29, 2011
Last Updated on April 1, 2011

Author

Cody C
Cody C

OH



About
My writing mainly focuses on Sports and Conspiracy, my two most favorite subjects. I want to be a Sports Journalist after high school. I am on this site because of a course I’m taking in school. more..

Writing
NFL Lockout NFL Lockout

A Story by Cody C