The shade of my shades

The shade of my shades

A Poem by CRZ

The shade of my shades

Protects me, where no light can invade

The shade of my shades

Lets my anger be trapped behind tinted glasses!

The shade of my shades

Where my eyes close and my pupils just lay .

The shade of my shades

Creates a alter ego. It may be colored black but it doesn’t mean it’s evil

The shade of my shades

The precious shades I got after I got paid

The shade of my shades

Where the world is dimmed down from all the chaos and I’m no longer lost .

The shade of my shades

For the world to understand my point of view is what I crave.

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are many reasons we put on shades....not necessarily to hide, but as protection. - love the line it may be colored black but it doesn't mean it's evil. There is so much between the lines of this poem. Very creative and thought provoking.

:) Julie


Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sue
This was an interesting read - I also understand the alter ego as I created one for myself in my teens...it didn't work as the real me rebelled!! Great poem again CRZ :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


The shade of my shades
Creates a alter ego. It may be colored black but it doesn’t mean it’s evil
For the world to understand my point of view is what I crave....
great lines.....enjoyed reading :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


"What we all wear, what we all own and what we all share do we find it too easy to spot on? For aren't we already blinded by those who see it in our eyes when we look upon one another. For what are the accessories of our life but those of that we see, hear, and even feel when the real parts of our life is our guidance, conscience and feeling. For those things if we don't grow them we won't see them, feel them or even hear them."

They say the beauty of wearing glasses is that we get to see the light easily. Though the irony of it is only found when we stare at the real light and it is still hard to see it easily. That is the reality and construct of where even the blind people have somewhat less of a difficulty because they know that what is unseen to them they see it so vivaciously.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice one with a great hidden message about life.
Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The shade of my shades
Lets my anger be trapped behind tinted glasses!

dark glasses are really good hideouts :) :P aren't they ?

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The meaning within the meaning and the irony lies that in your refrain you hide within them. A tricky little circular piece. Very clever.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the refrain of the phrase! I like it how it keeps coming back to that. It really gives it a rhythm. I really like this a lot! God bless.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I put on my shades, and the world slowly fades....

So...who is that, hiding behind those Foster Grants?????



Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This makes sense, when you read it you see how it connects to the real world even though it is an inanimate object. Very well written, write on.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very interesting poem with a hidden message beneath or that's what I found anyways. Your shades can protect who you are, and from other people. You just want people to stop and try to see the world from your point of view and not judge a book by its cover. Great job:)!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1326 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2013
Last Updated on June 6, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..