6/14

6/14

A Poem by CRZ

I'm gonna be the best, it's my prognosis
need to cut people off, need to stay focused. 
Gotta remember the feeling I had when I wrote this

I was feeling de-ter-mined
my heart was bold, it wasn't hur-tin

Cause pen on the pad is a bullet to a gun
Have love for this like a mother to her son

Love is heavily rooted, in my veins
I'm here thru the losses and the gains

Everyday another lesson
Thank God for this blessing 



To give me a mind, a mind of my own
to differ good and bad, occurring in my dome
is in my chromosome , to be a man of my own.

© 2013 CRZ


Author's Note

CRZ
I advise to read this quick and smooth. It will soothe the whole piece and also click on the picture :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your words convey an upbeat attitude. I like the rhythm to this piece. It's a fun read!

Posted 9 Years Ago


You have a great ending line.
I think the message you are trying to send here is the feeling that you are wanting to get things done. As set up by the first two stanzas, and you are willing to do what you need to do in order to move forward even if it means leaving friends. Then you go on to talk about the love you have for rap. It's very nicely written, the flow is helped with your notes to read it faster.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I can hear you rappin'. I am not a big fan of rap and did struggle a bit with the flow. (took your advice and read it fast; and it did help a little) I am uplifted by your very positive message. The 6/14 obviously an important date to you personally. Since I don't know what that significance is it lends a bit of mystery. Enjoyed this!
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is very enjoyable! Nicely penned.

Posted 10 Years Ago


fantastic. exquisitely done

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is excellent ! Some of the rhymes you did were genius, not actual single word-to-word but one word to rhyme to two, that's not easy to do ! (no I'm not trying to rhyme here !) :)

As for what appears to be a possible division between Mothers. I have 2 in real life, both would like to claim me as their own. Sometimes - that can get a little confusing. Hang in there.


Posted 10 Years Ago


This is brilliant. I'd love to hear you read it...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Enjoyed the rap flow. This piece is something you could just blast out and vent with. I think you could add more onto this, stretch it. Cause it reads so quick (slick). Nice work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Fantastic!!! "cause pen on the pad is like bullet to a gun/ have love for this like a mother to her son''..... brilliant lines and very apt too............they bring out the essence of the poem. loved reading this

Posted 10 Years Ago


I really love the second verse where you split the last words of the lines, i think that was so clever and made it very powerful when you read it through quickly!!
I really like the theme/message of the poem as well, it speaks volumes and touches where i think many of us are struggling. It sheds light onto those "untouchable" areas of our thoughts :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

851 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 14, 2013
Last Updated on June 15, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..