Pieces of

Pieces of

A Poem by CRZ

Stand in the mirror, couldn't see things more clearer
that all the answers are there but if I don't know which questions to ask
What does the answer even mean to me

Does it mean, I go soul searching so alone or with a herd to eventually fly off like some birds.
Do I need religion to access God
Can God even be accessed?
You mean to tell me that I need to give funds and be confined to a building to worship my maker
please, wake up. He's everywhere like the pigs quote on quote patrolling 

I'm just rolling with ideas 
Ideas soon to turn into actions and if you can't sleep at night with satisfaction
well you ain't doing enough.

I'm the youngest, being talked to by strangers and relatives. I won't be the dumbest.
I summon my permanent residence on this earth as CRZ. 
Shine like the bloodiest diamond from Sierra Leone Stevie Wonder can see. 

Wonder, How will the world be in the future.
Second thought, f**k the world. 
It's already messed up
All that is lefted is its people

I can only start with the guy standing on the reflection
These words come from a section from a man becoming a Man.
I"m on my way to my destiny where ever that may be.

It's on a journey to discover CRZ 
  

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

yes...so many pieces that seem unrelated. i think this is an honest and heartfelt write...you are facing your apprehensions and confusion rather than masquerading or escaping. i think that is half the battle of self discovering...i think religion is our attempts to access God....the surprise is that while we knock knock knock....this magnificent, loving, forgiving Creator is all the while right behind us...waiting for us to hear the whispers....of course one doesn't need a building to worship...nor to contribute to its maintenance....practicing selflessness whether to building funds or the Red Cross is something we do to enrich our own soul...these are the thoughts your poem have provoked from me...its 5 am and already i am thinking about God...and the beauty of youth ...hang in young man!
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

God is there, my friend. Like the very air you breathe, unseen but essential to your existence. Search for Him and you shall surely find him-all God wants is an opening in a heart to reveal Himself. Life will still be difficult at times-but so much richer once you truly sense his presence in your heart.... I sound a little too preachy, but I know He is real and full of love and compassion and help to all those who feel lost and alone. I was there once, now God is my closest companion through this vale of tears interspersed with beauty and love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I can relate to this. I myself am lost so I know what you're going through. It's nice that you've taken initiative to pick yourself up and try to organize yourself. I wish you luck. The world is fucked up. I won't lie, it'll be hard. So good luck.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love it ! would make great lyrics for a rap.

Posted 10 Years Ago


this is good, quite a bit of insight. religion is mans view of what God wants and we learn to discern what God wants by seeking Him, through Him we may find ourselves, if we choose to see. sometimes, the pieces, when they seem to be falling apart, are actually falling together......nice write, keep looking inside....

Posted 10 Years Ago


Outstanding piece. Moving. Thank you for the insight into your journey of self discovery. It feels like it comes with an invitation to a revolution of ideas and principles. Something our world can definitely use. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


all the answers are there but if I don't know which questions to ask
What does the answer even mean to me

your inner journey has quite a lot questions with answers within too :)
a thoughtful journey which gives fodder to intellect to ponder over.
liked the journey of mind

best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


your a really good writer. I like your poems a lot. I think your poems are amazing. Great job writing this piece. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


A fine poem about self discovery and questioning the status quo that is holding the world to ransom in it's elite, corrupt vice. 100/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


I think you capture the moment that many of us have when we reach a certain age and choose to begin questioning the things that we were taught, because they just don't add up. Welcome to the real world CRZ. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


the beauty of the journey is you will find that you may have to be part of every destination.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1407 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 2, 2013
Last Updated on September 2, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..