Pieces of

Pieces of

A Poem by CRZ

Stand in the mirror, couldn't see things more clearer
that all the answers are there but if I don't know which questions to ask
What does the answer even mean to me

Does it mean, I go soul searching so alone or with a herd to eventually fly off like some birds.
Do I need religion to access God
Can God even be accessed?
You mean to tell me that I need to give funds and be confined to a building to worship my maker
please, wake up. He's everywhere like the pigs quote on quote patrolling 

I'm just rolling with ideas 
Ideas soon to turn into actions and if you can't sleep at night with satisfaction
well you ain't doing enough.

I'm the youngest, being talked to by strangers and relatives. I won't be the dumbest.
I summon my permanent residence on this earth as CRZ. 
Shine like the bloodiest diamond from Sierra Leone Stevie Wonder can see. 

Wonder, How will the world be in the future.
Second thought, f**k the world. 
It's already messed up
All that is lefted is its people

I can only start with the guy standing on the reflection
These words come from a section from a man becoming a Man.
I"m on my way to my destiny where ever that may be.

It's on a journey to discover CRZ 
  

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

yes...so many pieces that seem unrelated. i think this is an honest and heartfelt write...you are facing your apprehensions and confusion rather than masquerading or escaping. i think that is half the battle of self discovering...i think religion is our attempts to access God....the surprise is that while we knock knock knock....this magnificent, loving, forgiving Creator is all the while right behind us...waiting for us to hear the whispers....of course one doesn't need a building to worship...nor to contribute to its maintenance....practicing selflessness whether to building funds or the Red Cross is something we do to enrich our own soul...these are the thoughts your poem have provoked from me...its 5 am and already i am thinking about God...and the beauty of youth ...hang in young man!
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

⊰ℛℛ⊱
I think as a species we should not so much be worried about how we will enter the future but WHAT awaits us when we get there.

My sister described religion fairly well. She is not bothered by religion at all, it's organized religion she has a problem with - and I completely agree with her on this.

And I am often surprised at how much my fellow Christian knows exactly what God is going to do to me in end times - and how little he knows of what he is going to do with his own life in the here and now.

It goes both ways. Me ? I'm a firm believer in the here and now. Let's makes some progress in this world with our skills NOW. As one baddie in James Bond said, "Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead." :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


Goodness this was beautiful

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is quite intense with a machine gun impact and rhythm. The ardent declarations of the poet are very strong and lead the reader into the torrent that follows. This shouts determination. Is it rap lyrics? That changes none of my review, just wondered.

Posted 10 Years Ago


'second thought, f**k the world'
yes
it's a no good shamble with not enough brandy
to make it turn faster
HAI!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I loved this poem!! I love the voice in it and just the feel :) Very very nice!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


"I left my pieces a long time ago, to where I left them, ask the ashes but I tell you, I don't even know where they are. I can't even tell you how I got where I am today but I know I am making the best of it leaving any trails is not something I am proud of but truly I know I can do this.

I have traveled different dimensions, universes and planes to get where I need to be but when I come to my senses I don't even know where to start again for I get lost. Purposefully no I did not want it but when I found myself enticed to the idea that my destiny was to make waves of my own change. That was the only thing I came to remembering as to who I am. Maybe that's why I don't remember who I am. I found myself all lost but forgotten I am not. I am in touched with who I am lately, whoever that is.

Insanity has become my cure of the norm. Conformity is the contagion I am afraid to get because I might break in hives and in fear that I will lose who I am. Diamonds have nothing on me because for what I reflect already is a light that even black holes hold close dear to their hearts so to whom should I shine?

For I have left my pieces long ago, I have lost who I am and whoever finds me please don't let me know of its existence and move me where I can go again. This is me. This is Zero."

Posted 10 Years Ago


It was different I enjoy it every bit .

Posted 10 Years Ago


yup. you have to start with yourself or all the rest is just lip service. Nicely penned

Posted 10 Years Ago


"Shine like the bloodiest diamond from Sierra Leone Stevie Wonder can see."

My favourite line! Gets the message across perfectly.

I'm not usually much for poetry, but this one had me reading it more than the once. Nice one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love,love,love this! Its really well written with an amazing flow and words I can really relate to. I think all of us have stood in front of a mirror with these same questions, looking for these same answers. I know I certainly have. Life is a crazy journey.


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1412 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 2, 2013
Last Updated on September 2, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..