The Burning House

The Burning House

A Story by Donovan
"

True Story.

"
There used to be a house, full of love and kindness. The owners of this house, a husband and a wife, had two children, Dona and Z. They fought all the time, but loved each other nonetheless. They had two pets, a cat and a dog, who would sleep curled together between the brothers beds. The hallways were full of pictures and memories. The house was their paradise.
Outside the house however, it was horrible. The neighbors were despicable and racist, and there was a strange looking lady on one of the street corners. Someone was always either yelling or stealing, outside the house. It scared the boys, but they knew they were safe because their daddy would protect them from anything. 
Then came their last night at the house. It was an average summer night, cool and breezy, but then late at night there was shouting. After the shouting there was smoke and unbreathable air. Then screaming and mommy and daddy lifting the boys out of bed, and then the bright colors, the horribly bright colors, and then nothing, just a pile of gray and red. 
That was the burning house. My burning house.

© 2012 Donovan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

aw :/

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tragic and quite meaningful. The ending is hard to swallow and leaves a well of emotion building up. I enjoyed this and look forward to reviewing more of your work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wait, by true story you mean this happened to you?? That sucks- but at least it seems like you were little and when you're little you can adjust to a new life pretty easily. At least in my experience. Oh, anyway, the writing. This is pretty good, I'd just say maybe expand on why the neighbors are despicable sooner. Or you could say despicable racists, without the and. I dunno, it just seemed vague, and when you clarified it was at the end of the paragraph. I'm probably nitpicking.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sad, but well written. Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2012
Last Updated on May 16, 2012
Tags: Burning, House, Destroyed, Ruined

Author

Donovan
Donovan

City Town, IL



About
I like Finnish music now. and strawberries are amazing still. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pioL1uaGJ4M&feature=related more..

Writing
Crickets Crickets

A Story by Donovan