Notice

Notice

A Chapter by DoormanDan
"

A little bit of news about One Minute

"

Notice


Hey guys, if you were enjoying my book up until this point, then I'm extremely sorry to have to tell you this.  There is not going to be another chapter of this story, and I have my reasons.  Some of them include me having too little time and too much stress in my life to actually sit down and write much of anything at the moment.  The most important reason though is that at my current writing level, I am in no way ready to write a book.  Looking back at what I've written so far, I've realized that there are a lot of silly errors I've made that really, since I want to be a professional writer someday, are unacceptable to make.  I may continue this story one day in the future(and if I do, I'll start by rewriting every chapter of this book before continuing), but I will not continue to write this book until I personally feel my writing ability is good enough to make this story as fantastic as I possibly can.  To all of those who stayed with this story so far, I thank you for all your support, it truly does mean a lot, and for all of those who didn't like it, I thank you for at least giving it a try. So over the next period of God knows how long, all of the short stories I write are going to have way more time put into them, and will be me attempting to improve my writing as much as I possibly can, so that you can hopefully enjoy my work to the fullest, and so that I can try to bring myself one step closer to my dream.

 Until next time:    Dan :)



© 2015 DoormanDan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The more you write and read others work, the better you'll get. And nothing wrong with re-writes either. I didn't read this but wanted to offer my words of encouragement anyway.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sad to hear about the story, but I completely understand! Writing poems is one thing but a book is much harder and time consuming. I've actually finished only one book myself and I think it's terrible, it took me over a year. I've used it as an example to remind myself of all the elements I did incorrectly.
Now I'm working on one that I think is much better and I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it eventually, damn writers block!
If your not going to continue it I suggest that you most definitely keep it! It has fantastic potential and can serve as a template for you when you look at what you want to do differently. :)

P.S. Your writing isn't awful! :D


Posted 9 Years Ago


DoormanDan

9 Years Ago

Thank you for understanding Amber. One way or another, I WILL continue this someday, but not until .. read more
Sometimes it is all about timinings, doesn't mean to say you can't start from where you left off. It must not of been easy to come to that frank and honest assesment, yet I would say we are all our own biggest critics. Keep writing matey.

Posted 9 Years Ago


DoormanDan

9 Years Ago

Yeah, that review back on chapter four knocked by self confidence down a good bit, but it also opene.. read more
Mr_M

9 Years Ago

I have never seen a review longer than the piece. It is only one opinion. Knocking confidence is .. read more
Dan, If you do not have time to write this story, please do not stop writing. Start writing short stories or tales for younger people, even kids. You do have talent and many years to let that talent grow. Please keep in touch. Valentine

Posted 9 Years Ago


DoormanDan

9 Years Ago

Don't worry, I have no intention of stopping. Im just going to be focusing more on content than I h.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2015
Last Updated on March 6, 2015


Author

DoormanDan
DoormanDan

College Burnout, DE



About
I'm a twenty one year old young man who enjoys writing poetry, songs, stories, paintball and other things. My favorite things to do are parkour, video games, listening to music, and making people hap.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..