Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by 暗い雪

The stars shone brightly that night. Moses sat in the sand and stared up at the dark sky. He could not understand why Ramesses was keeping him and the others from their home. They did have abilities that Ramesses did not, but there was nothing he could gain from keeping them prisoner, their abilities could not be taught, even to their own. A group of hundreds stood behind Moses as he thought. He stood up and turned to them.
“Fellow prisoners, tonight we begin our march. Ramesses has held us here too long. We don't ask for anything, but he demands much from us, it is our turn to demand, not by force, but by taking back that which cannot be stolen from any man, freedom. Now, we will begin our march to the stone!” Moses’ speech only received a nod from each person in the crowd; they knew cheers would arouse the guards. Moses motioned for them to follow as he began walking with large strides.
They arrived at the edge of the Red Sea when a man ran from the back of the line to Moses. Once he caught his breath, he informed Moses that the pharaoh and his army were close behind them. 
“They’re too late,” Moses said with a smirk. He held his walking stick straight out towards the center of the sea. A faint glow was seen under the water. He turned around and gazed over the hundreds following him, he realized they wouldn't all make it. He could see the flames of the enemies’ torches behind the crowd. He turned back to the sea and hurled his walking stick into glow coming from beneath the water. The sea parted and two walls of water were formed, creating a path to the glowing stone. Moses and a group of twenty stayed behind while the others were rushed ahead. He closed his eyes and gathered a clear vision of the stone in his head. Reading the engraved runes, he shouted the incantation, hoping his voice would carry to the stone, which was now glowing brighter.
“What’s the meaning of this sorcery?” shouted Ramesses. Moses opened his eyes as he finished pronouncing the final rune. He smiled and began quietly reciting another incantation from memory. Ramesses, frightened, ordered his army to retreat, though he knew it was already too late.
Ramesses was blinded by a flash from the stone. When his vision returned, he saw the bodies of his army, a normal sea, and a black dot on his wrist. He watched a mass of energy fly into the sky before exploding, sending debris across the sky in many directions. Ramesses quickly returned to his palace.


© 2011 暗い雪


Author's Note

暗い雪
I definitely think this needs some work, criticism is welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! You have...how can I put this without offending anyone...i'm not sure I can so. You have some balls to write a story on Moses and Ramses. I am wondering where you are planning on going with this, since most everyone knows what happens in the real story. But I am pretty sure you have twists up your sleeves. This prologue had enough action to keep me satisfied as well as enough mystery to keep me reading! Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011


Author

暗い雪
暗い雪

About
I love to immerse myself in other worlds and also create my own. " I write likeStephen KingI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! " more..

Writing
Reminder Reminder

A Poem by 暗い雪


Her Eyes Her Eyes

A Poem by 暗い雪